Broadcasting

RhemyD

Ok so now that Uni exams are done and dusted i'm wondering what i need to do to put myself into a position to broadcast. I'm running VDJ with a DAC3 controller and also have access to Sound Forge 9.0.

I was just thinking of recording a mix using sound forge and then uploading but then that would be podcasting rather then broadcasting. DJF doesnt seem to have much detail on this for Australia and only seems to advertise faderwave, no notes on how to actually go about setting it up.

there's a couple stations aroudn the place if you were looking for that

but most aussie ones are pretty packed and they mostly look for international guys to fill in the odd hours that australians dont play in.

broadwave u just go from ur comp and send ppl a URL to connect.

ive used it and once it works its simple as fuck

if you do i'd investigate something better then broadwave. Turns out the 66 clients i had was actually more like 10 with 1 stream stuck in a loop recreating itself from the one client. Also i've had feedback that the asx doesnt open well with mac's. thats like 45% of the market now adays. Who wants to use a program that can't even be used on everyones computer?