Cheap Strings Virtual Inst.

Bristles

PluginBoutique has a sale for this Strings Virtual Instrument.. Only $1US.. Picked up Xpand!2 for the same price a while back and I think that it is on sale again too..

Strings has over 9gb of sounds to be played - I downloaded last night, will be giving it a go when I'm not stuck at work..

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/1845-Orchestral-Companion-Strings

It's always good to get some extra sounds for $1.50 or so!

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

Those guys have done some outrageous stuff over the last little while. Their $1 plugin sales are sick! I may have to have a look when I get a chance. No doubt the sale would have ended by then though...

It goes until the 1st or 2nd I think.. Plus xpand!2 is on sale again, just a multisample synth, I have it and it's ok.. If you have sampler or a decent synth it's not really that exciting..

1 hour ago, Bristles said:

It goes until the 1st or 2nd I think.. Plus xpand!2 is on sale again, just a multisample synth, I have it and it's ok.. If you have sampler or a decent synth it's not really that exciting..

I use native samplers or kontakt but I'll have a look anyway

6 hours ago, Bristles said:

Trying post screen shot but I can't figure out how! Any tips?

are you on a mac?

if so it's command + shift + 3 

then you can upload to sites like imgur and past the link. otherwise just copy the link and paste it in here and it should automatically embed 

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

are you on a mac?

if so it's command + shift + 3 

then you can upload to sites like imgur and past the link. otherwise just copy the link and paste it in here and it should automatically embed 

Yeah on a mac, I figured out the screen shot just struggling with upload.. ok I'll try again when I get home! Not that the shots are too exciting

1 hour ago, Bristles said:

Yeah on a mac, I figured out the screen shot just struggling with upload.. ok I'll try again when I get home! Not that the shots are too exciting

I think if you use command + shift + 4 you get a little crop tool and you can select what you want, rather than getting the whole screen. I need that confirmed though lol

http://imgur.com/a/4xzla

On 19/12/2016 at 2:32 PM, Cupe said:

Yeah dope, post some screenshots too if you can!

It's pretty cool, especially as it is so cheap.. It has LFO Modulation for Amp, Pitch and Filter, a few built in effects and a fair amount of really pro orchestral sounds.. Very warm and organic! Give it a shot for sure :)