Ableton Sampler

Bristles

Does anyone know how to change pitch on Sampler without effecting the timing? I heard there was an update in Live 9.5 with the ability to move notes in the Sampler up and down octaves without it speeding up or slowing down. I have used AUPitch from apple but it's not very practical..

You could probably try the different warp modes to get a better result for the specific sample you're trying to use. But generally, the more you stretch it, the worse it will sound. So you only want to go a couple of octaves if you can help it.

19 hours ago, LabRat said:

I didn't think the sampler had a warp feature, it was only simpler. Im gonna have to look myself

23 hours ago, Mitch said:

Also, I assume you're on v9 and using this warp setting and not dragging the sample directly onto an audio track?

This will allow you to time stretch and use midi roll

EYtlqZa.png

Yeah I had a look when I got home.. In simpler you can move notes up/down midi roll without changing timing! But not in sampler that I can find..

1 hour ago, Bristles said:

Yeah I had a look when I got home.. In simpler you can move notes up/down midi roll without changing timing! But not in sampler that I can find..

Correct. It was a feature brought into Simpler in 9.5. Simpler has got a lot of improvements in v9 / 9.5, and unless you're using multisampling, advanced LFO, etc. Simpler does the job quickly.

2 hours ago, Bristles said:

I've always just jumped straight into sampler because of it's name... Never got too deep into what you can do with them though. Defs going to play around with simpler this weekend

Yeah most people do. I did a video on the sampler but it might not be a half bad idea to do one on the simpler