Maschine thread.

BeatLeSS

-Update to the latest software

-The Shift button is your friend

-Just try learn some of the features well to start out with, then expand, so you don't get overwhelmed and forget stuff. Then once you've got a grip on it, delve into some more.

if you want to use Traktor, I wouldn't waste your time trying to create your own mapping when everyone else has already done it for you (unless you enjoy going through pain to get to the exact same result as everyone else who went down that path) https://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=5 

Mitch - absolutely dude, I'm very intrigued, this is the transition platform for me between decks and going over to Ableton completely eventually. Wanna nail this first as it's an easier platform than Ableton, and more styled to how I know how to interact with music right now.

On 2/26/2017 at 5:14 PM, BeatLeSS said:

Mitch - absolutely dude, I'm very intrigued, this is the transition platform for me between decks and going over to Ableton completely eventually. Wanna nail this first as it's an easier platform than Ableton, and more styled to how I know how to interact with music right now.

Ableton is good (obviously, I use it). But it requires massive prep to use as a DJ mixer, which makes it limiting in a live setting. I'd suggest looking at rewire one into the other. then you can use the ease of mixing tracks in traktor, with the power of the sampling, fx chains etc. in ableton.

• 2 weeks later...

2.6.1 update super unstable. Controller freezes up constantly, and some tracks with no midi on them get a sound 'stuck' playing when you load a new instrument on. Muting the track doesn't stop the sound. Only workaround is to mute the whole  group, or quit app and reopen. 

I'll be downgrading tomorrow morning..