How do I record from my DDJ-WeGO 3 to my Laptop?

Hi Guys I have a pioneer DDJ-WEGO 3 controller. That I use with iPad Air 2 and Djay 2 software. Just trying to work out how to record onto my laptop using audacity. RCA into line in on laptop, or can I use the USB cable from the port on the back of my controller to the laptop, while listening to my monitor speakers during recording ? 

Any suggestions? 8O

I just had a quick googlefu and found this

Its for the audacity settings to record the dj mix.

Looking at some images, it looks like it has rca outs and usb, so I would try - as others suggested to me previously - with the rca > 3.5mm jack and get that into the pc and then record via audacity.

*Note* take this with a grain of salt as I have not recorded a mix to a pc before. All this new digital trickery is harry potter wizard style IMO - That said some 'product' + record dj mix how to's should show you a few options.

This guy also is pretty awesome and has lots of stuff I recall watching way back when

Hope these worked, as im at work and get ICT security 'access restricted' so, yeah.....

Also I saw there is a manual for that piece of hardware, might be worth having a quick scroll through or find the online manual pdf and 'ctrl + f' and search alot quicker that way ;) 

24 minutes ago, Doddy said:

I just had a quick googlefu and found this

Its for the audacity settings to record the dj mix.

Looking at some images, it looks like it has rca outs and usb, so I would try - as others suggested to me previously - with the rca > 3.5mm jack and get that into the pc and then record via audacity.

*Note* take this with a grain of salt as I have not recorded a mix to a pc before. All this new digital trickery is harry potter wizard style IMO - That said some 'product' + record dj mix how to's should show you a few options.

Thanks Bro, I will check it out in my spare time, (got to paint a new front door ?) .

i guess I will experiment with different methods, which is what a DJ does .?

**disclaimer: I have no experience with djay2 software on the ipad.**

If you're using djay 2 on the ipad, it looks like you can record the mix to the iPad storage. I assume it's that red circle button in the middle up the top

sc552x414.jpeg 

once you've finished your mix, you can transfer the recording to your computer. You can see how to do that over here -> http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/en/portal/articles/579292-how-to-export-your-recorded-mixes-to-your-mac-pc- 

NOTE: It's well documented across the Internet that you can only record mixes if playing songs stored locally on your iPad. If you're playing songs from spotify, the licensing restrictions on spotify don't allow the app to record the mix. Unfortunately the controller you have is somewhat limited in this aspect. Your only other alternatives are to plug the DDJ directly into your laptop. I see the controller comes with a basic version of virtual DJ, which has the ability to record a mix for you (I don't personally recommend this software).

4 hours ago, Mitch said:

**disclaimer: I have no experience with djay2 software on the ipad.**

If you're using djay 2 on the ipad, it looks like you can record the mix to the iPad storage. I assume it's that red circle button in the middle up the top

sc552x414.jpeg 

once you've finished your mix, you can transfer the recording to your computer. You can see how to do that over here -> http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/en/portal/articles/579292-how-to-export-your-recorded-mixes-to-your-mac-pc- 

NOTE: It's well documented across the Internet that you can only record mixes if playing songs stored locally on your iPad. If you're playing songs from spotify, the licensing restrictions on spotify don't allow the app to record the mix. Unfortunately the controller you have is somewhat limited in this aspect. Your only other alternatives are to plug the DDJ directly into your laptop. I see the controller comes with a basic version of virtual DJ, which has the ability to record a mix for you (I don't personally recommend this software).

I pay for Spotify, so it would be nice if I could record the tracks. But thanks for your advice!

Unfortunately you only pay for a streaming service, which doesn't allow you to save a copy outside of their ecosystem to do whatever you want. Once you do that, they can't track the play count and calculate the revenue for the artists etc,

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Unfortunately you only pay for a streaming service, which doesn't allow you to save a copy outside of their ecosystem to do whatever you want. Once you do that, they can't track the play count and calculate the revenue for the artists etc,

I wonder if the streaming services  would consider charging a higher premium to DJs. 

Also once I've bought a track from iTunes that's a one off payment and the play count can't be tracked after that.

I know nothing will change but I think I have a point. ?

30 minutes ago, DJ DAZZLA said:

I wonder if the streaming services  would consider charging a higher premium to DJs. 

Also once I've bought a track from iTunes that's a one off payment and the play count can't be tracked after that.

I know nothing will change but I think I have a point. ?

purchasing a track is different to subscribing to a streaming service. 

Spotify = fixed monthly fee to listen to as much as you want. Revenue distributed to labels and artists based on play counts. Stop paying monthly fee = lose access

iTunes = pay once off fee, download track. Royalties go to label and artist, you can save that track to your computer and listen to it as many times as you want. 

Different revenue models = different rights 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...