Gaining a following

Bristles

Alright so I am trying to get my YouTube channel some attention. I've been struggling to gain any extra following for my music for a while. I feel like my tunes have gotten better but I haven't had any extra interest. So I'm looking for some pointers ADJF!

I've noticed quite a few of you have a lot of Soundcloud followers which is no doubt because you've all been DJing and turning out good mixes and music for a while. But for myself, I live in the Pilbara where we don't have anything more than a local pub full of miners so i don't have a place to get exposure or a scene to work. I've looked at a few tip guides online etc but does anyone have any different ideas about getting some attention or how they started out gaining some following?

I think these days those repost services do help but you definitely need to invest some money and time into advertising. I did a few ad campaigns for Facebook but I didn't really believe they worked they way I thought they would. I got followers but never got the same amount of interest on my non sponsored posts. 

For soundcloud, I had some tracks reposted by dudes with big followings and submitted a few tracks to some blogs where they got reposted too. It was a bit easier when I did it because a few years ago it was all free. Now everyone wants drug money to do it. Once you get the ball rolling and people take note the reposts start happening on their own. 

I've lost interest in getting my music out there now and you can see the results of that on my SoundCloud. Keep posting, make use of tags and submit to blogs and repost services. I'm sure there's free ones out there but you will have to consider investing in advertising. If you're using Facebook I believe you'll have to sponsor every post until you start seeing your post stats rise without the advertising 

On 29/06/2017 at 3:52 AM, LabRat said:

I think these days those repost services do help but you definitely need to invest some money and time into advertising. I did a few ad campaigns for Facebook but I didn't really believe they worked they way I thought they would. I got followers but never got the same amount of interest on my non sponsored posts. 

For soundcloud, I had some tracks reposted by dudes with big followings and submitted a few tracks to some blogs where they got reposted too. It was a bit easier when I did it because a few years ago it was all free. Now everyone wants drug money to do it. Once you get the ball rolling and people take note the reposts start happening on their own. 

I've lost interest in getting my music out there now and you can see the results of that on my SoundCloud. Keep posting, make use of tags and submit to blogs and repost services. I'm sure there's free ones out there but you will have to consider investing in advertising. If you're using Facebook I believe you'll have to sponsor every post until you start seeing your post stats rise without the advertising 

Yeah everything costs so much now! I've been trying the $10 options here and there on FB and a few promo sites. Just tried a new one so see what happens with that. Looks like you have to invest $ into more than just plugins and samples haha.

Thanks man, I think I asked this question before but it's a bit of an evolving struggle! 

4 hours ago, Bristles said:

Yeah everything costs so much now! I've been trying the $10 options here and there on FB and a few promo sites. Just tried a new one so see what happens with that. Looks like you have to invest $ into more than just plugins and samples haha.

Thanks man, I think I asked this question before but it's a bit of an evolving struggle! 

Yeah it's a bit rich but it's a business world

I've been meaning to jump in this thread but haven't had the time. I work in digital and social marketing. And I can also link your accounts through the ADJF network so tag me in threads you make and ask for a repost. 

Ill try give a good/realistic answer on the other part.