Setup for Beginner.

audion

I'm looking to get into DJ'ing and so i need a setup...

Skill level : Nothing lol

Needs: I want a pretty G setup straight up so ill be paying up $4000 on a setup.

Genre: Hip Hop, predominantly but i'll try out some dubstep.

Setup that i had in mind:

2x Technics SL 1200's,TTM 57SL,Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphones,15" 2.66Ghz MacBook Pro w Serato.

Can i get all of that for under $4000? (i already have my MacBook Pro.)

Please give me some suggestions/input.

cheers

DJM700 looks pretty good, id rather that than a TTM57SL But it would tip me over my budget if i got that as buying serato for it will make it over 2Grand. Also Caleupe DJ'ing is not even close on how expensive it is to race motocross.

when i was traveling and competing in all the Aussie titles etc i had a practice and race bike then all the unlucky crashes and stuff would cost heaps. With this i just want some reliable gear then ill just practice practice practice haha

im not a huge fan of this virtual world we live in these days. i play vinyl but i also use cd players. i bought the cd players to play at mates parties n stuff but as vinyl started to disappear around the 4 to the floor scene ive had to buy most my stuff thru digital download stores. i got into dubstep and drum n bass and thats good because alot of vinyl is still coming out. yeh its a lil expensive to buy vinyl (~$20 compared to ~$3 from a digital store) but thats what ive chosen to do and IMO theres no better way to dj

i got into dubstep and drum n bass and thats good because alot of vinyl is still coming out. yeh its a lil expensive to buy vinyl (~$20 compared to ~$3 from a digital store) but thats what ive chosen to do and IMO theres no better way to dj

True that, dubplate culture is very much alive and kicking, although I am partial to getting serato when I finally get a setup seeing as I have a large amount of tunes in digital format.

hey Audion

if you are going to go down the serato path (which I have and love)

this would be my suggestion to you

1 x macbook pro (since you are at tafe get the student dicount) from apple australia of look at their refurb computers on the store page for extra savings,

I would look at the rane Empath mixer and the serato SL3 because if you wanna play in a bar or club latter on its gonna be easier setting up an SL3 than a ttm57sl the reason I say the empath over the ttm56 is because later you could plug a 3 deck with the SL3 and you have recording as well,better sound card as well,

technics are techincs lets not open that can of worms,

a korg nano controller of some sort (which are cheap) to control loops and samples (and you will use these lots with hip hop),

and choose headphones that are comfy not just a brand name because they will be on your head for a lot of hours (try them all out),

hey Audion

if you are going to go down the serato path (which I have and love)

this would be my suggestion to you

1 x macbook pro (since you are at tafe get the student dicount) from apple australia of look at their refurb computers on the store page for extra savings,

I would look at the rane Empath mixer and the serato SL3 because if you wanna play in a bar or club latter on its gonna be easier setting up an SL3 than a ttm57sl the reason I say the empath over the ttm56 is because later you could plug a 3 deck with the SL3 and you have recording as well,better sound card as well,

technics are techincs lets not open that can of worms,

a korg nano controller of some sort (which are cheap) to control loops and samples (and you will use these lots with hip hop),

and choose headphones that are comfy not just a brand name because they will be on your head for a lot of hours (try them all out),

Cheers mate thats the exact kind of info i need, yeah with headphones i tried those pioneers out and they felt comfy so yeah i made my decision with them, Already have my MacBook Pro so yeah, will the empath and SL3 combo be the same price as buying TTM57SL Or less. Cheers for that dude.

Audion

I use to have the pioneer DJM909 and the SL1,

but now that ive gone to the SL3 and a 4 channel mixer I havent looked back ,

the TTM57sl is a great scratch mixer but with the SL3 you get a better soundcard/recording/3 inputs & 3 outputs,and with serato 2.0 you will get more features,

as I said earlier the TTM57sl will be a bitch to setup at a club compared to the SL3,

just looking at the price the empath & SL3 will set you slightly over what a TTM57SL would cost (storedj prices) but you will get 3 channels and a mixer thats built like a tank

aight cheers dude, ill be saving now ill frustrating though as i could have all this in like 3 weeks work but cause im full time tafe student i cant just get a normal job with long hrs lol + bought 17"s for my car the other day haha