Jump to content
AUSTRALIAN DJ FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

Rekordbox

Recommended Posts

Old boy here needs some new knowledge. 

I'm just wondering whether,

1) I can load my library on an external HD and convert to my music to my sd cards that way or does the music need to be on the local hard drive?

2) can I still use the old version? I have all my music on my old MacBook Pro and any new version of rekordbox just makes it piss (its a bit old). I would rather keep using that then put all my music on my new MacBook Pro because I don't wanna clog it up with shit while it's still new

I haven't mixed for over 2 years and I see that rekordbox is up to version 5. I might be jumping back behind the decks and if I am I want to leave a good impression, starting by knowing how the fancy new tech works. Thank you kindly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer to both is yes*

 

*some of the newer players might need a newish version of the recordbox software to talk properly, such as nexus 2. It really depends on what version you have currently, and what equipment you’re playing on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mitch said:

The answer to both is yes*

 

*some of the newer players might need a newish version of the recordbox software to talk properly, such as nexus 2. It really depends on what version you have currently, and what equipment you’re playing on

I just copped the new version of rekordbox so I'm just importing my music into that. I figured I should just do it. 

However, I went to reformat my SD cards. Is FAT the same as FAT32? there's no option for FAT32 on the new MBP but from what I've read I'm just assuming that FAT will work fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2018 at 3:20 PM, LabRat said:

I just copped the new version of rekordbox so I'm just importing my music into that. I figured I should just do it. 

However, I went to reformat my SD cards. Is FAT the same as FAT32? there's no option for FAT32 on the new MBP but from what I've read I'm just assuming that FAT will work fine

Correct. FAT is FAT32 on Mac.

HFS will be faster though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an issue / fix for rekordbox 5.2 so I can read iTunes 12.7 playlists? keeps telling me .xlm extension doesn't work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LabRat said:

Does anyone have an issue / fix for rekordbox 5.2 so I can read iTunes 12.7 playlists? keeps telling me .xlm extension doesn't work

Are they both the latest versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mitch said:

Are they both the latest versions?

Yeah. Rekordbox updated last night and it still doesn’t work. I think there was an iTunes update not that long ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not unheard of for an iTunes update to cause issues with rekordbox integration.. I haven’t personally updated to the latest versions yet. 

May be worth checking pioneer site for any known issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2018 at 8:13 PM, Mitch said:

It’s not unheard of for an iTunes update to cause issues with rekordbox integration.. I haven’t personally updated to the latest versions yet. 

May be worth checking pioneer site for any known issues

Yeah had a look but they have nothing. I think this update was supposed to fix it. it'll continue to be drag and drop for me for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×