Rekordbox

LabRat

Old boy here needs some new knowledge. 

I'm just wondering whether,

1) I can load my library on an external HD and convert to my music to my sd cards that way or does the music need to be on the local hard drive?

2) can I still use the old version? I have all my music on my old MacBook Pro and any new version of rekordbox just makes it piss (its a bit old). I would rather keep using that then put all my music on my new MacBook Pro because I don't wanna clog it up with shit while it's still new

I haven't mixed for over 2 years and I see that rekordbox is up to version 5. I might be jumping back behind the decks and if I am I want to leave a good impression, starting by knowing how the fancy new tech works. Thank you kindly

The answer to both is yes*

*some of the newer players might need a newish version of the recordbox software to talk properly, such as nexus 2. It really depends on what version you have currently, and what equipment you’re playing on

17 hours ago, Mitch said:

The answer to both is yes*

*some of the newer players might need a newish version of the recordbox software to talk properly, such as nexus 2. It really depends on what version you have currently, and what equipment you’re playing on

I just copped the new version of rekordbox so I'm just importing my music into that. I figured I should just do it. 

However, I went to reformat my SD cards. Is FAT the same as FAT32? there's no option for FAT32 on the new MBP but from what I've read I'm just assuming that FAT will work fine

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2018 at 3:20 PM, LabRat said:

I just copped the new version of rekordbox so I'm just importing my music into that. I figured I should just do it. 

However, I went to reformat my SD cards. Is FAT the same as FAT32? there's no option for FAT32 on the new MBP but from what I've read I'm just assuming that FAT will work fine

Correct. FAT is FAT32 on Mac.

HFS will be faster though. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/04/2018 at 8:13 PM, Mitch said:

It’s not unheard of for an iTunes update to cause issues with rekordbox integration.. I haven’t personally updated to the latest versions yet. 

May be worth checking pioneer site for any known issues

Yeah had a look but they have nothing. I think this update was supposed to fix it. it'll continue to be drag and drop for me for now