Traktor Q&A

Buck_Choi

hi.

1. How do i get cues to work via control cd's on cd deck. using traktor scratch pro.

with my cd deck i browse to the part i want to cue up. and i hit the Q button on my deck.. but nothing happens it goes back to start of song..

2. am i able to have 2 control cd decks(external) with 2 internal decks?

3. my computer is always on stand by and my audio 8 is always connected and always powered. would it damage the product?

4. how many effects are there usually? i see a few videos of traktor 3.. i dont know if thats better then traktor scratch pro, that have more effects then i have.

5. if i have any more ill add on :) any one else feel free to ask questions and im sure some one will answer :)

are you in relativce or absolute mode? absolute means if it's at 2mins of the time code cd it plans at 2 min of the track. In re;lative mode it plays whatever part of the track it's up to, just gets the pitch from the cd deck, you need to use the software cues to set points on the track.

software cues are much better as you save them per track, using the cues on the cd deck you cannot save them since to the cd player you are always playing the same time code track,

2. yes - in any combination of cd, vinyl and intenral control. syncing internally to a time code controlled track is not 100% perfect, timecode fluctuates a bit, but I've never had issues. then again I'm not syncing to and then doing massive pitch tricks on that time code track

3. probably won't hurt

4. heaps, and you can create groups eg fx at once on the one efect banks. checkout dj tech tools forums for some nice combinations

Im in relative mode.

hmm i guess i need to put up with doing within the software then. i dont like playing around with the computer while dj'in. but if i did get a controller like the X1 that would be good too hehe :) i think that saves cues ,effects and so on so on.

how would i set it out to have

mixer external 2 cd decks on absolute mode external. and 2 internal cd decks using external mixer? my mixer is a 4chnl mixer if that means anything :)

you have any specific links to create group effects? ..

Ps - i really need a midi controller to do all this. what would you recommend?

cant control internal with any mixer, will need one that can send MIDI info.

again the pdf manual tells you abot linking in a very dry factual way.

if have a tick later today ill dig up some vid/ tutorials ive seen (cant remember now where they are)

awesome thanks =]

what usb / audio buffersize? is that a setting or a question from the upgrade? (im still on 1.2.4 as everyone said 1.2.5 is sugar)

offtopic: hey cupe did you change all the threads swear words. some esp. with sugar now make no sense... ha ha

back ontopic: oh yeah still have to get you those effects tutes maybe tomorra

• 2 weeks later...

okay about 2 weeks old :?

but everytime i trie looking for the vids i end up just f'ing about on youtube (remember iphone lady gaga...)

anywho, i cant remember what i saw but i think it may have been these ean golden kontrol x1 effects demos. now i know you dont have one of these but it is a good example of what effects can do, and you can map any controller (or create hot keys on the laptop).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

its all about beatgridding (ha ha not that i know entirely what the means).

anywho i think you can set a load marker which is the white stripe on the first beat. essentially what cdj users do when setting a cue point.

then there is a setting to say load track at load marker.

ive never used markers so only going from what ive read.im not at my pc but if you dont figure it ill give it a go and maybe explain better.

You can set cue points anywhere in the track. Then you select them and change the type, loop in and the like. One of the types is load marker, will default to that point when you load the track.

I tend to just set a few points and use buttons mapped toove to the one I want. Also using relative mode you can go back easily if beatmatching ahead of time