DJM800 vs. Xone42

DavePulse

Hi All.

Im going to buy a new mixer & CDJS in the next few months. Ive already decided on the CDJ900's.

Just curious what people's opinions are on the DJM and Xone mixers.

To be honest, i have always liked Pioneer mixers and would never hesitate to buy another one. I have had my DJM600 for about 7 yrs now and its never faulted (except a cross fader and channel fader).

I think its time for an update and am curious what your opinions between the 2 are....bearing in mind that the Xone is about $800 cheaper than the DJM.

Cheers

Brenton

i've just purchased an xone42 :)

the Pioneer mixers are just a name.

they've done some very clever marketing with nighclubs across the world to make their gear industry standard and because of this, everyone is flooding to buy their gear. cha-ching for pioneer!

there stuff is good, i wont lie but guys who play out often would need to have the pioneer gear i guess.

A&H mixers are boss. No arguement from anyone there. So good.

BUT, Pioneer dominate the industry. If you can handle practising at home with a xone and play out with a pioneer. do it. if not, just get a pioneer, they're still awesome.

I have been hearing that A&H mixers have insane filters!

Ive never actually used a A&H mixer before, used basically all the Pioneers, stanton, rane and vestax mixers etc.

I guess it doesnt matter all that much, as they ultimately do the same thing. the important thing to master i guess is the Pioneer CDJ's, as 99% of clubs etc use them.

I might find someone who has a Xone and have a play with it before i decide to buy one.

100% on buying Pioneer CDJ's though 8)

Brenton

deadmau5 i think has moved on from the 4d, he's using a shitload of stuff now in his shows.

for straight mixing I'd take the 42 over the 800. and if you want effects, I'd still take the 42 and get an external effects unit. an efx1000 will be more flexible than the same effects on the 800, and you could pick whatever fx unit you really like. a KP3 would only set you back about 500, so that combo would have better fx plus be cheaper.

i wouldn't worry about playing out on different mixers. I still stuff up pressing cue buttons (used to own pioneer, now an A&H) and using the pio effects on board is not hard.

i wouldn't worry about playing out on different mixers. I still stuff up pressing cue buttons (used to own pioneer, now an A&H) and using the pio effects on board is not hard.

yeh mixers are more or less the same. nothing really complex about them.

i'll be playing out soon and have never used a cdj1000. so, my tip of the day: go down to you're local dj shop (like i did) and play with the demo's :)

Sorry but Xone mixers are a fair different to DJMs. They have the same eq and fader layouts. But they have different headphone knobs, different effects buttons etc. Definetily worth giving hardware the once over before you play live on them. Could be costly if you dont