Ableton Live 11 Announced

Mitch

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Let us know what you think!

I went to an online meetup thing where a bunch of the certified trainers had early access to the beta. The creativity you can do with the comping looks cool, as does the additional MIDI editing features.

I’ll post back here once I’ve had a crack at it!

Ableton User Group Melbourne are doing an event Monday night to go through some cool stuff with the Live 11 launch. These used to be in person, but they've been doing them online for the past year or so whilst gathering restrictions are still in place. This opens it up to non-Melb peeps as you can join in from anywhere, watch it back later, etc. 

All streamed live through facebook for anyone interested https://www.facebook.com/events/2845182762405957

• 2 weeks later...

Got the upgrade, thoughts thus far:

• Some people have reported high CPU usage. I haven't had any problems.
  • Hybrid reverb is pretty sick. Everyone bangs on about Valhalla Shimmer being the ultimate reverb. Hybrid Reverb has a shimmer setting built in - probably not quite as good, but pretty close and it's all included.
  • Shortcut key "C" now arms the currently selected track(s) which is a small, but nice thing.
  • Default settings on compressor are different (not good/bad, just something to be aware of).
  • FX are grouped into folders (by effect type) by default. Might drive some people nuts, but you can turn it off by right clicking on a folder and deselecting it. I find it handy to try a different effect on something that I may not normally think to use.
  • There's some pretty good sample packs by Spitfire audio which I haven't downloaded yet but I've heard them in other videos and they sound pretty mint. Direct from Spitfire these used to cost a pretty penny.

Haven't really used much of the other new features (yet).

• 2 weeks later...

18 hours ago, LabRat said:

What operating system / specs you running? I've seen mixed reviews regarding OSX 11 and the M1 chip but ultimately sounds pretty stable.

MacBook Pro 13”. Purchased June 2019 with 2.8Ghz i7 quad core CPU upgrade, 16GB RAM upgrade, 1TB storage upgrade. 

Some people are reporting the CPU usage indicator goes a bit wack. I don’t look at it often, but haven’t had any issues.