Skype battle?

Has anyone tried this?

i have my mixer plugged into another computer which is on the net, if u have enough channels on your soundcard, to route the booth(or recording) output to the line in of the internet pc, and the output of the internet pc to another channel on your music pc/mac/whatever i dont see why it wouldnt work?

i need more channels or i could test it myself, i currently can send my audio, but not receive from the other party, apart from the....wait, ive got it... the output form my internet pc only has to go into my mixer, on the spare channel....

right, so anyone up for this? remember i generally suck in the skill dept, but it would still be fun

cheers

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it depends if you had the sound routed through your line in or mic in port too, as then Skype would be sending a high quality signal constantly, which might degrade performance, but if it's just sound and vid over the webcam, should be fine for a battle.... would be just like normal Skype, as long as that ran fine for you.

I'd give it a try with somebody, could try routing direct sound, and try just web cam mic sound....

You can do all that with skype. I have done something similar for conferences.

Just come out of the mains in your mixer to the line in on a computer.

Make sure you Skpye settings are set to take line as the mic. Do a test first as you may come in really hot (really loud) and distort the crap outta ya mates gear.

To hear you friends set, just come out of the Headphones into a spare channel on your mixer

Easy as that.