Native instruments 2DJ pops and scratches

FabDJ

Hi All

Just installed N1 2DJ and Tractor basic and hear pops and scratches on audio and waveform delays with scratches (both happen together)

Does not happen with Winamp playing the same song.

Has this happened to anyone?

I am waiting for my free duo download in a couple of days and hopefully problem will go away.

I much prefer Virtual DJ but got Tractor for free so I will give it a try.

Thanks Tubby

Will switch everything off, dont know which version

bought it from DJ City 2 weeks ago had to wait 6 weeks for delivery as they had run out.

May have been an older version they got from somewhere as it was not the same as their advertised cd cover in newspapers and on the web.

Hopefully upgrade will fix the problem as I wont like to play with constants drop outs.

yeah check your latency (not that i am 100% how and what you check for), but i think if you try to have your latency too low this happens.

i think i have mine at 4 or 5 ms (i have an audio 8 though, not that it should make a difference, and running a 2.33ghz dual core)

also a lot of people say external wirless cards can also cause it. It was for mine. i use a usb wirless-n stick and i would occassionally get pops, not particularly with scratching just the more "cluttier" songs , i.e songs with a lot going on. but if i unplug the wirless stick all clear as day.

Got Duo upgrade last night.

The pops and glintches have stopped.

Don't know if it was from me boosting the latency to 7.5 ms or getting the latest upgrade from N.I.

Just have to learn how to arrange playlists, and I'm away.

part of your setup process is to try increasing latency until you don't get the pops. basically lower latency is more work for your computer and if too low the computer cannot keep up, and you get pops.

if you just installed you probably had v1.01 which had bucketloads of pretty basic issues, so upgrading (1.2.6 i think is current) would have helped a lot