Need Recomendations On Powered Speakers/Studio Monitors

Mattye

Hey Guys and Girls :)

As the title says I need some recomendations on Powered Speakers or Powered Studio Moniters.

At the moment I'm just a beginer bedroom DJ but once I get some skills up will progress to playing for mates at parties etc.

I will be running from a Hercules RMX. And am undecided as to wether I should go for 2 Powered Speakers or 2 Studio Speakers. I want to go powered as it obviously keeps the costs down cause I don't have to buy a separate amp.

I will be playing mainly House/electro/dance music. And am aiming at spending aprox. $600-$700 but a bit extra is alright.

All Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mattye

should throw up an into in the intro section to tell us about yourself :)

but im still doing mainly bedroom at the moment, and ive also got the hercules rmx, for my room im just using a large Panasonic hifi system as i already owned it and wanted to put my money into PA speakers for party's, but ive been recommended behringer truths for monitors if that helps

behringer ms20 monitors start at like $150

or go for some nice logitech computer speakers?

then you can get some behrigner truths for $300ish

if you have the money go for some

krk rockit 6's $600

or yamaha hsm50's? which are around the same price?

but as you're playing at party's i dont think monitors will cut it, its more for bedroom production use, maybe go for some cheaper powered speakers and some stands. go look at behringer as they are the cheapest and i've heard good things about audioline (that they sell at jb hifi) and they are also relatively cheap.

Thanks for the replys. At the mo I'm just running through a Sony Stereo. But it deffs can't cope...cause I like to play loud :P

Was mainly leaning toward powered speakers. Cause I can then obviously use them to play parties.

I've been looking at powered speakers on Store DJ (thats where I got the Hercules RMX from). http://www.storedj.com.au/products/category.php?id=20

i used them at an engagement party the other day as a last resort. There was probably around 100 people there and they were fine for the party.

I had them on about 1/4 volume, and it was enough for some music at this particular party.

I have no doubt that they would be sweet for a proper house party, but you'd probably want a sub for some lower end.

If you were using them every week for parties, then look for some PA speakers like JBL eons or something