(Article) Always Have DJ Backup Gear...

hey pulsebeat, its the same as the old video rental market. you could go to kmart and buy a vid for about $30, but if you want to buy it for rental it was anywhere from $100 to $300, which was meant to cover the studios share of the money you are about to make.

its the same with music, by paying the appropriate licenses you can turn non-commercial songs into commercially useable ines as you have paid your royalties. of course these licenses are just for playing out you cant then record and sell OR sample and use in a remix; then you get into copyright issues and more royalties...

eggssell thats what happens in Australia we are always screwed... in some ways

even this group called nightlife video charges way out there for videos and its all mainly hires not actual selling to the dj :(

I dont bother with them anymore..

but having a system backup and having one just in case is the best way of making sure the show goes on and never a closed club

I use to blow speakers (as another dj I know) in a club called Tarrentellas located in Fremantle

the other club was called Serocco's

we always use to have some backup gear just in case!!!

thats why - i answered questions and if it went from one to another then thats normal

it happens this is what is called redundancy....

always have backup gear!