(Article) Always Have DJ Backup Gear...

Always found i pods sound tinny played through a pa. But the same songs on I tunes played through a p.c sound ok?

could be because the PC is using it's own equalizer but when you're using it on PA it's using the onboard iPod eq?

whats a balance controller.. can i do this with an two ipods..

Its a variable resistor like a volume control.

There is no resistance when the control is at mid position but as you turn to the left or right those contacts have resistance applied to them.

If you turn to the left (ipod 1) The difference between them is about 1000 times quieter than the right (ipod 2)

Easy to make up as one middle pin on the rca plug(Active) wire each end and one wire out the middle

There are two pots to a controller so you repeat the procedure on the second pot (left and right channel) as you do both left and right out and the earth is grounded on the pot base. common to shield on rca plugs.

Get it at Jaycar and a metal box to reduce outside noise.

fucking legendary

old school

want to do that with 2 ipods tho for backup purposes

use the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid)

only way you can survive if you have a problem

in 15x years with one set of gear I had one failure

and that was because I broke a needle and the arm on the table

so it wasnt that bad... now its 33+ years since I started as a Dj my 34th is coming on the 30th Sept this year

so enjoy!

lol - gee white suits havent seen them in years

but did you hear about what happens on phones or ipods ?

this is what I wrote about (Sept 23rd 2005)

http://www.spraci.com/news/articles/2224.html

see thats what has happened in 2005 - the law has changed so much its a nightmare.........

really we still cant use itunes music at a show because of the clause they have

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/legal/terms.html

Usage Rules

(i) Your use of the Products is conditioned upon your prior acceptance of the terms of this Agreement.

(ii) You shall be authorized to use the Products only for personal, noncommercial use.

(iii) You shall be authorized to use the Products on five Apple-authorized devices at any time, except in the case of Movie Rentals, as described below.

(iv) You shall be able to store Products from up to five different Accounts on certain devices, such as an iPad, iPod or iPhone, and Apple TV at a time; provided that each iPhone may sync ring tone Products with only a single Apple-authorized device at a time, and that syncing an iPhone with another Apple-authorized device will cause any ring tone Products stored on such iPhone to be erased and, if you so choose, to be replaced with any ring tone Products stored on such other Apple-authorized device. Additional restrictions apply to Movies Rentals, as described below.

(v) You shall be authorized to burn an audio playlist up to seven times.

(vi) You shall not be entitled to burn video Products or ring tone Products.

(vii) You shall be entitled to export, burn (if applicable) or copy (if applicable) Products solely for personal, noncommercial use.

its just whats out there....