what light/s should i get next????

Nathn

hi everyone this is what i have got so far but what should i get next.

http://www.industrygear.com/get_content ... 982/pass/1

http://www.lswonline.com.au/get_content ... 149/pass/1

i also have a new lighting stand on the way.

and what is the correct Spot to aim the laser, im always thinking i have it pointing the wrong way and someone will come up and say something about it.

thanks

yeah. Without a smoke machine you lose bulk of the effect, especially of the laser.

The laser is most powerful if it is pointing over the dance floor, with smoke then everyone an see the beams. If no smoke, aim it at the roof so the dots look pretty.

What kid of events are you doing? I have 5 different lighting set ups at the moment, each filling a different purpose - some with fancy beams,etc, for 18ths and 21sts, some with more wash things for kids parties.... hard to be specific without more info.

I'm also about to import a load of lights from china so I'll see if i can get you a catalog.

ive just gone the cheap ebay option, agreed with the others up there ^^^ smoke machine rocks, makes even the shittest lights looks better

heats mentioned a strobe, i went a 1000w, its about 40-50cm wide, fairly chunky but surprisingly light, but fuck it packs a punch, can make u see stars if u want it 2, easily lights a small-medium room full of people

only payed $30 for it and got free postage because i had other things being posted with this seller, here's the link VVVV

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0557772454

hope this has helped :D

Agree...

Good old smokey (dont buy cheap or second hand as you'll end up replacing it pretty soon). I'd actually buy a hazer instead as it really brings out the lighting without the clouds of fog.

Strobe - maybe start with an 80w strobe for smaller crowds (1000w is good for a hundred or more and a bit of overkill in a small to medium room)

A wash effect of some kind - I always recommend a halucination as it acts as a wash but also has a nice trippy effect.

A couple of scanners really look good when linked togeather.

(Always point the lazer over the top of the crowd and avoid pointing it directly in their faces...let em reach for it!).

• 11 months later...

Again go with a smoke machine and some LED lighting effects.

The cheaper brands of smoke machines can break easily, generally because the heating components are not as good quality. But the good brands like Martin, do sell affordable entry level products like the magnum 650 and 850.

Don't want to sound like im spamming but if you do want a good deal on these then let me know and we will sort out a discount on our online store.