Traktor problems

mikew598

wait thats two different things you are talking about.

you can get the cdj's to play time code, such that you are basically mixing externally the same way as a cdj player would. i.e traktor is nothing more than transport system for your music.

OR you can map midi functions if your cdj can send midi signals. therefore using the cdj's to control the internal decks. not sure why you would do that though??

ALSO all the lights on was a common symptom your Audio 8 drivers are out of wack.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. yeah figured you didnt. if your cdj's can send midi signals though, you can map it to set off traktor effects or the hot cues in traktor (but your cdj probably already has hot cues).

but lets work at getting you started first.

i would have thought that the upgrade of traktor scracth pro would have done it but i guess not. browse the NI forum or NI support page to find the drivers. ill have a squizz for you at lunch, at work right now.

went through that trouble shooting guide. i think it is still my computer not recognises the audio 8 dj. i am running a macbook pro i7 2010 model. Now the one conclusion i came up with is that my macbooks doesnt have 2.0 usb ports ? so i went out and bought a powered 2.0 USB hub. still nothing ?

oh man. ive heard not to use a hub due to latency THOUGH others swear by them. but definitely the consensus is to get USB hubs with their own throughput and power (can repost djtt artivle if you want). you definitely have USB 2.0, they wouldnt make new computers with USB 1.0.

anywho, here is the audio 8 driver instructions for mac. pretty vague. i cant click down on anything cuz cant remember my NI password, and when i do the forget password its asking for serial numbers!

Uninstalling and Reinstalling NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Hardware Drivers in Mac OS X

It is sometimes necessary to uninstall and reinstall your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS hardware drivers as a solution for technical issues.

In order to uninstall the software, please first download the 'Native Instruments Uninstall Utility 1.0.0 for Mac OS X' from this page:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... updates_us

Run this and you can select a specific driver to uninstall.

Then reinstall the latest version of the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS USB audio driver for your hardware device, available from the same link above.

oh man. ive heard not to use a hub due to latency THOUGH others swear by them. but definitely the consensus is to get USB hubs with their own throughput and power (can repost djtt artivle if you want). you definitely have USB 2.0, they wouldnt make new computers with USB 1.0.

anywho, here is the audio 8 driver instructions for mac. pretty vague. i cant click down on anything cuz cant remember my NI password, and when i do the forget password its asking for serial numbers!

Uninstalling and Reinstalling NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Hardware Drivers in Mac OS X

It is sometimes necessary to uninstall and reinstall your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS hardware drivers as a solution for technical issues.

In order to uninstall the software, please first download the 'Native Instruments Uninstall Utility 1.0.0 for Mac OS X' from this page:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... updates_us

Run this and you can select a specific driver to uninstall.

Then reinstall the latest version of the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS USB audio driver for your hardware device, available from the same link above.

in my quote there is a link which should have an OS uninstall program.

im thought i did i will download the audio 8 driver again. in my apps on my mac.... i have a native instruments file with traktor and all the drivers in the audio 8 driver file i have the audio 8 dj setting and the documentation. i always have another seperate file that is called audio 8 dj and in that has the same.... but as i said running that NI uninstall program it had drivers 2 and 4 displayed to uninstall but no 8. meaning the audio 8 driver was not installed in the first place ? so hopefully this is the case and i can find a way of correctly installing the driver hoping its not the sound card!