Question: Anybody scratch on anything BUT Technics decks?

djexecute

I wanna know because I sold up my gear for a Numark NS7, but missing that vinyl feel, kinda want both... wanted to know now with Technics going under (http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/10/end-of-an-era-panasonic-kills-off-technics-turntables/ sad day :o ) if it's worth looking at another manufacturer? Being very partial to the 1200 series like most people but I honestly haven't tried any other direct drive turntable, honestly they probably would perform the same, knowing what sort of bar Technics had set for the market, I think it's a case that Technics was simply the industry standard.

But please let me know your thoughts all.

But PS: Now's a good time to potentially buy Technics turntables ;)

Interesting. I kinda forgot Q used Vestax... Yeah been looking up Stanton STR8-150's and Vestax PDX-3000MKII all night they seem to have narrowed down to the best contenders.

Really interested in the STR8-150's, they seem to have the best reviews and 100% positive feedback for scratch use....

Thnx dude.

your on the gold coast.....I'm on the gold coast come and play on my pdx 3000 mk2 if you like

then you can see if you like

$1095 is alot for a turntable ....So you need to have a play with them to see if you like them before you take the jump with all that $$$$

I love vestax turntables ....the best for scratch

the pdx 3000 mk2 with midi will open you up to a whole new world for you my turntable friend

saw that on e.bay...$500 buy now price

it a mk1 pdx 3000 ( no more than about 2 years old ) with a S toneArm like a 1200..Torque S.I.M

so you can make them feel like a 1200 & MIDI

but 24 bit motor...

the mk2 3000 has new motor, 32 bit & better feet

Its good to see Vestax is still putting $$$ into D.V and has not given up on Vinyl