mac or pc

Genetic

mac or pc  

12 members have voted

1. 1. mac or pc

• mac
    • pc

hi guys looking at getting a laptop but need one that's going to be versatile but not crash, as i don't wanna waste money on something hugely expensive.

what would be the minimum requirements, and what would be the recommended?

is a mac the go or should i stick with a pc?

cheers

what are you going to use it for?

I own both, use the mac forall my music needs, and pc for everything else. PCs are fine to use.

I had the money for a mac which is why i went with it, but use what you feel comfortable with/can afford. If it's going to put you out of pocket then look at alternatives (cheaper comp = more tunes!)

yeh mac's are good but i'm currently using a PC laptop which is fine. if your only using it for like serato PC would probably do the job. stability would be the only drama which shouldn;t be much of a problem.

my custom built laptop PC is 4g ram 320g HD, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz Processor i'm using it for producing and its keeping up alright. It only cost $1900 a mac with the same specs was about $3400

i will be going mac soon mainly so i can use logic.

in saying that i've heard that linux is more stable than both and it can run on PC and Mac

ah linux so many memories, i saw a toshiba for 1900 with 400g hard drive 2.4 dual core and 4 g ram.

primarily going to use it for mixing, something like serato, but i've really been interested in ableton.

second use would be mobile production

was looking at getting a solid state harddrive along the way so their isn't any problems about storage

I use the new Macbook and have XP and OSX installed with boot camp that comes with mac now, you can see at my last gig.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=19993347

I use XP for traktor but last week converted traktor to mac for use with timecode control. I still use Ableton live on XP.

Had vista for a week and was the worst thing ever just running a program took so much memory.

hahaha thats not a good start i guess....

mac is probably more stable...if your going to be playing out in clubs i suggest a mac book pro so be ready to part with some serious cash, which i know isn't the desired outcome but.... if you want the goods sadly you have to pay for them.

• 2 months later...

Unless you work on a type of system then thats what you should be looking at

You wouldnt buy a new car unless you knew how to use it first

Since I build PC's and Laptops (laptops are more pre-made anyway)

I usually stick with PC's because thats what I am trained in Advance Diploma.... MCSE

well dont like giving out details because of Ident theft..

have a nice day all