cd nightmare

Skank

ok i had a problem burning cd's all the time it was just a pain in my ass so i got serato it was a great idea but every club ive played at in the city doesnt have the setup so im just back to burning cd's again

question how do you guys stay on top of your cd' collection eg how do you organise them for gigs by bpm, key, genre

I'm a big fan of cd's. i dont really like using serato/laptop i think for a crowd it can be boring, no energy etc. i think serato if great though.

i burn 6 tracks a cd. i've numbered all my cds from 01 to 250 something whatever i'm up to. it helps commit to memory where abouts tracks are. I put all my acapella's on separte disc's for quick access.

dont really worry much about bpm or key but i keep my breaks in a different CD wallet.

in short, badly. I have a 320 disc wallet, front half is trance, back half progressive, but fpor a long time I'd burn discs that had some of each so finding tracks can be a bitch.

now when I play a disc it goes in the back, so it kind of sorts itself a little into what I'm currently playing. Every now and then close up the gaps and move the empty pages to the back.

using a dvs does make you lazy when it comes to burning discs, but still cd is so much simpler than setting up computer, soundcard, every time.

yeh much quicker, i've done some opening sets and about 15 mins before the end the next guy will come in a walk around the decks/mixer pluging shit in and setting up his laptop stand etc... most annoying fucking thing ever. if you do use serato make it so all you have to do is plug in and play.

Yeah i use the 400's with midi and usb. Sick of burning disks. I know what you mean Tomy, i felt so bad for the dj before me at my last gig cause i had to setup my computer, take cables out and mess around to plug the power in.

yeh its abit of a pain, i'm pretty accepting with it though like if they say they have to setup i'll building my setup and finish 10mins early then just play something a little bit more relaxed so they know its a change of dj that one way i tackel it at the moment