uv lights + glow paints + glow designs

awesome88

hey, not really sure what section to put this under because it has a few things in it, so i just put it here. D

Does anyone have any suggestions for uv lighting for house parties? I'm guessing wash lights would be the best, but they are pretty expensive on all the lighting sites. I'll probably hit up ebay, but thought i would ask here first.

Also kind of related, is there a difference between uv paints and glow paints? Also would one be bighter/more colourful that the other etc.

aaaand, does anyone know where you can buy those big glow designs you see at bush doofs etc. or do people just make them.

long story short, whats the best way to have a glow party with uv+paints+designs

thanks

Source might give you a good response, he knows alot about this shit

i've had a look around and so far found uv/glow paint and body paint etc. and black loght posters which look pretty cool, but i remember at the bush doofs they had massive sheets.... i'm guessing they made these.

they also had big glow spider web things lol hard to explain, but if you've been to a bush doof you would understand.

so yea, any help would be great, hopefully source can point me in the right direction

i dont really know much about it but if you knew what lighting the house had eg a normal light bulb then you can buy UV/Black light bulbs from bunnings n could just change it LOL

but you can also buy them on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/216-LED-UV-Panel ... 3cb3016bc7

yea, thanks mate. I was looking at getting something that is easy to move around, like that wash light. I've heard mixed reviews about LED UV lights though.

But yea, maybe the bulb would be an easy idea to try out, you never know.

Anything white or fluro coloured will glow, if that helps. Not sure about paint - never had to deal with it and UV lights.

Never tried the LED UV, but I have heard rumours they don't put out true UV. I'm sure you would get the same effect in a small room, and would get away with it for a house party, but I use them in theatres and things too so I wouldn't touch it until I could demo it out.

Hey awsome...

I'll post you a link to some folks who should be able to answer your questions. I wont put it on here as they are a bit secretive (almost paranoid...well in WA anyway).

The only LED UV light I have is a torch and they work suprisingly well. Otherwise you can buy UV fluro tubes (fit in a normal fluoro tube fixture), globes and 'cannons' like:

http://www.glowpaint.com.au/400-watt-ca ... Light.html

Actually...the link above may answer your questions.