Traktor with only 1 Deck

mikew598

I have seen my friends use Serato with one deck. They simply have the two deck screen setup and while one track is play that use a control to pretty much copy and paste it to the other track in serato. Then they load up another song on the empty track.

Can we do this with traktor does anyone know ?

Single Turntable Mode (Method I)

This method makes use of two hotkeys that can be assigned to a key of your computer keyboard or a midi controller.

If you don’t know how to setup hotkeys, please read chapter 17 (MIDI and Hotkeys).

In this example, the turntable is connected to the IN 1|2 on the AUDIO 8 DJ. If you’re using a TRAKTOR Scratch Certified mixer, connect the turntable to the inputs of the left deck.

Set up the following hotkeys :

Assign Deck to Left Scratch Control with controller attribute Deck A

Assign Deck to Left Scratch Control with controller attribute Deck B

With this two hotkeys you can switch back the control signal from deck to deck.

If Deck A is playing in Absolute/ Relative Mode and you switch with the hotkey to control Deck B, Deck A automatically switches playback to Internal Mode.

Single Turntable Mode (Method II)

This method utilizes the Duplicate Deck feature in a creative way.

• Load a track into Deck A (in Absolute/ Relative Mode).

• Duplicate Deck A into Deck B (playing in Internal Mode).

• Crossfade to Deck B.

• Load new track into Deck A.

• Perform your transition and crossfade to Deck A.

• Duplicate Deck A (Absolute/ Relative Mode) into Deck B (Internal Mode).

• Crossfade to Deck B.

• Load new track into Deck A.

• Repeat the steps as described in the sentences before.

3 decks would be a nightmare. Assuming deck was audible, or not just cued, what happens to the pitch when you move to it? Deck A at +3 swap to deck B control, it jumps straight to +3% too?

Even if it had soft takeover function figuring which deck needed adjustment, switching to ut, re pitching from scratch as the slider was set for another deck. Beat sync on decks 3 & 4 would be much more practical

no. once the deck as been copied to another track slot in the software it switches to internal mode and you can no longer use the cdj as a midi device hence moving the pitch control will only effect the track assigned to it. Ive seen my mate do it with serato. the simple use of a comand will simply copy the track to another channel