Traktor problem

Thierry

hey all

am just setting up traktor pro scratch audio 8

i've set up everything

but when i press start on the turntables only sound i get is a beeeeeeeeep sound

also the traktor software look like its not playing the track too

also when i start traktor this come's up everytime (Buy,Demo,Activate) is this important?

anyone please help

am also running windows xp

Thanks

Beep sound is the noise from your time code cd. What kind of mixer are you using? On my DJM400 it has a toggle switch on the top, when its on CD it plays whats going through Trakor, when its on Phono its plays the beep noise from timecode.

It wont be playing because you need to calibrate your timecode cds in the Traktor software.

When Traktor starts and it ask's you Buy,Demo,Activate you need to select active and go through the process and enter the serial number off your Traktor Scratch Pro box.

Is the beep sound REALLY loud? if so flick the phono/line switch.... if it's really quiet like the beep noise is bleeding through, click the RST button while the control vinyl is playing to calibrate.

you gotta click activate and enter your serial number and do the whole registration thing.

Ok, from your audio 8 sound card plug the RCA labelled "Mixer Line In" into "Line" on the back of your mixer and make sure the little switch on the back is in the "Line" position.

Than plug the other RCA from the sound card labelled "Mixer TT/CD"(i think it is) into the phone section.

Now you will use your Line for Traktor and Timecode setup, and then if you want to use CD's without Traktor you just flick the switch on the back to phono and it will work normally.

Thanks but am having problems activating it

everytime i click activate it goes online to an up date page then it re starts again

to activate did you have to give your full details and email address as well as the codes on the card inside the box?

i must be so unco at setting this thing up

well i registed and now am in the service centre section it should have given me the boxes where my serial codes go it which is on a video i watch but these boxes are not here so i can activate it

ha ha yeah read my whinge thread frm friday. had to do reinstall even though it worked fine for two months and then didnt touch it for two months. but now working better than before?? no idea how that happens.

where did you get your service centre from? the latest one is stuffed.

so you should go the latest tsp (2.7 i think), the second to latest drivers (for audio 4 or audio 8), and the second to the last service centre.

NOTE when you in stall tsp it will ask what device you want to install, dont install any. then run the driver install seperately.

i think am just pretty unco at the setting the whole thing i've been trying to set it up since saturday well i finally manage to activate it i deleted the driver and re loaded and so on

i've put in the beeping cd's but am running a pair of 1200's technics i've read the manual and everytime i run a tune i still get a beeping sound on phono and line a lighter beeping sound but through line if am playing a track though traktor the tune will play but not in vinyl mode

not sure played around with the controll panel mess around with all the button still no go..

as per someones above, the mixer needs to be on line regardless if you are using turntables. basically the turnies send phono to audio 8 which then sends it back to the mixer as line. so check that first.

then in the preferences make sure your ins/outs are all mapped correctly based on how you have plugged things into your audio 8.

if it helps maybe tell us what cable you have plugged into what, and maybe tell us what inputs you have setup in the preferences.

also once you put the needle to the record tell us what type of circles you are getting. cuz lines or just shit load of lines could point to grounding.

did you buy extra cables?? unless you did you shouldnt be using four channels just 2. so the audio 8 per channel should have 4 cables being 2 in 2 out.

ill try to dig out the schematic im sure ive seen somewhere.

but if you setting up turnies like i have it should be:

left and right from turntables go to the ins on the multicore cable

then from the multicore there should be two that go into the ins of the audio 8

then the outs of that same channel from the audio 8 go into the ins of the mixer. now this out on the multi core should have four heads, two that go into the phono, and two that go into the line.

so with two multicore cables you should be just using channel a and channel b

oh and then once thats sorted you need to go into the input routing and output routing and map the two channels.

yeah man i cant vouch for its stability but when setup it rocks. i started on tsp and then when hopping onto normal vinyl took about three tracks to be into it. and that was also hopping frm stantons to techies too, so not just the tsp factor. so yeah its very much like vinyl.

otay first up, just to clarify above you dont need extra multicore cables, just extra cables for additional decks. in fact you dont need multi core cables at all unless you want to do pass thru.

i.e. you can just go turnies out into audio 8, then audio 8 out into mixer line in.

also of course if you have a mic channel, or more than two channels, you can just use the outs of channel c and channel d of the audio 8 and play those decks internally. I had deck d setup this way and it was all part of my mpd mapping which never happened. plus i also realised, why the hell would i need a third deck to drop samples cuz i wouldnt be doing them during a transition anywhos.

secondly heres that pic i was talking about. now im actually assuming you have the cables plugged in proper, like you said. so i am assuming it is a software thing, but again just make sure yer mixer is set to line.

E-Comm-Blog-Assignment-TSP-Setup.jpg

so in the preferences. map your input and output routing for deck a and deck b.

also go down to time code bit and make the relevant selections (im not at home so cant see).

then pop the needles on and let us know if you getting any type of signal at all (i.e. what are the circles doin and what sounds are coming out).