Just a quickie

Hobberz

sorry i didnt get to this yesterday. i ran out of time, AGAIN! - but finally got to it :)

track selection was so.... mainstream! lol nah its good tho coz thats what people wanna hear. and the way you mixed it was what i experienced last week. the tunes came in right away and personally, i like to hear a longer transition but you did a good job :)

now for some criticism :P

the first transition went from a big build (and tune) to an empty space. you couldve probably made the transition a little earlier or at the end of the second drop.

mixing wasnt too bad. was off around 9:27 but pretty much ok.

i reckon play out some of the tunes a little more and make the transitions a little longer (rather then just cuts)

the track selection was fine for a mainstream mix.

this is the second mix you posted right?

thinking i have very similar taste to spitfire, basically everything he has said is what i would of said

definately let the tracks mix longer together, beat match a phrase, bring it in and let it mix for a phrase, then drop out the track, you want a nice smooth transition of the songs where the avg punter cant tell where the song starts and stops

just my 2c anyways track selection was good, nice dancey clubby mainstream that you would hear in a club

for a very GENERAL rule of thumb, i always pitch the track im bringing in as soon as possible so i dont have to worry about it when i need to bring it in, around the 1:45 min mark left to go on the current playing track is a good time to start beat matching it. the next phrase (1:30 left to go, each phrase is roughly 15 secs) is when i will bring it in on half low eq, 1:15 left on the is usally a good phrase to swap the low eqs so the track your bringing in has the dominiant low eq, and by the time it hits 1 min left on the track playing it will be at a time when the track your bringing in will be at the top of the buildup and you can drop out your track

(hope that made sense) it all has to do with song structure, (intro, breakdown 1, main section, breakdown 2, final loops, outro) following that extremely basic general rule you is a good starting point, imo

again jsut want to stress that is a very general basic overview of mixing