TSP issue

legunner

okay so i have everything connected to the audio 8 and the laptop.

however my traktor scratch reads that i have timecode and it makes the loud whistling noise but it wont let me manipulate the decks with my technics or my mixer.

i have all settings on the mixer on line and not phono.

make sure your cables are correct on the mixer.

sorry i dont know exactly how it works with S4 but I assume its the same.

are you using multi core cables?

anyways, so the turnie outs should go to the ins of the S4. then the outs of the S4 should go into the line of the mixer, and the mixer set to line.

then you need to go into the S4 and set the preferences such that the ins of the S4 are reading phono, and also set the outs of the particular deck as being those you have plugged into the ins of the mixer.

okay so pretty much as above but slightly diff.

the rca's from your tt should go into the female parts of the multi core.

then the red and yellow outputs of the multicore (which should be marked as phono and line) go into the relevant inputs of the mixer.

set mixer to line.

then the other points of the multicore (cant remember colour but i know one of them is black and red) go into one of the inputs on the Audio 8. I suggest A and B. There should be four per Deck representing ins and outs.

next you will need to configure in preferences of TSP, and basically specify yours ins and outs. You will need to do for A and B. there is also a tab for Timecode, select relevant preferences (still at work so cant remember).

Now when you play the timecodes, what are the circles showing (a line, a dot, squiggles, a looped circle)

they use a multicore with XLR, you dont need this (refer to first picture), just the cables i included. After it is connected up properly you then have to do a whole bunch of configuration in traktor to get it to recognise it properly