Gig Midi Controller

legunner

ive got an MPD24. you sometimes need to hit the buttons quite hard but they do feel good.

of course the satisfaction of hitting an arcade button may be more satisfying since you get some sort of response (that clicking).

however the MPD does allow for sensitivity bashing when used with production software.

my kinda thoughts are make sure you know what you want to do with it because the possibilities are endless, but take time to map it in full.

ive said before i mapped it awesomely on paper. i.e. i printed out 4 pictures of the mpd (representing the four different configurations you could store). then mapped out being able to control transport; two whole decks (be it C & D as extras or A & B if i wanted to not use the turnies for the night); control effects; control looping; and control hot cues.

then because of apathy to map, and the realisation i dont use any of those things except transport (which is already 2 buttons ctrl+arrow) i ended up not using it for djing.

yeah good point.

i want to use it for 2 purposes.

1st being using the controller with a mixer to control 2 decks. so i need them buttons to be reactive and ready to be belted.

2nd use being to use in addition to my decks to control loops and fx.

the midi fighter is built for both these uses but the size of the unit and the fact it has less controls makes me want the akai abit more.

also i can use the akai for production which is a bonus