Gig Midi Controller

legunner

have you ever used the traktro midi map function and the "modifiers" you can set in there?

When choosing controllers I keep in mind that none of the available maps or functions will suit me so I pick the controller with the most comfortable layout of buttons for what I want to do. Then I use midi map to set which button does what myself.

yer, i like the x1 (my mate has one) but there's much more i want it to do.

trigger finger is a steady arrangement of buttons and pots. especilly with a good personalised midi map.

i reckon the midi fighter would look a bit amatuer to the average punter at functions too. great tool for in booths etc but not as many controls as the trigger finger.

the midi fighter has a special hole in the bottom which will allow it to be placed on a turntable. cool feature.

8O

hahaha poor old techies.

hha i think this feature was included out of respect for the techs more then anything else

and yeh i am in the booh nearly all the time, also i can use this with a mixer instead of lugging my turntables around.

akai mpd 26 or the little brother akai lpd 8 have lots of buttons, knobs, and lovely akai pads.

Akai rep for build is good but TBH I dont think any manufacturer really gives a lot of thought to midi controller build quality these days. I dont think they make much from these products?

this page shows lots of controllers for dj control and/or studio control:

http://www.htfr.com/pages/quickSearch.p ... =0&catID=8

naH BLUD, it's important to be comfy, that's why i couldnt settle for the s4 (pads above the transport buttons)

you wouldnt ask a guitarist to turn his axe upside down or change where the tremelo arm is ey?

As far as i can tell midi controllers are just a load of buttons and nobs so the lay out is all that's important mate.

ya know, this may sound wierd, but if you turn it 90 degrees the pads would be where you want them.

the faders would work horizontally not vertically and the screen would be a pain to read but ya know: if the cap fits you wear it right? depends which functions are most important to you and how you feel using it really.