Brostep Bass

SweetIshDub

Yo yoo,

Just like a thousand other producers out there, Im chasing that excision and datsik beast of a bass and I got something pretty gnarly. But since ive been working and listening to it for a couple hours straight I thought Id try and get a second set of ears on this warlock and see if ADJF thinks its worth continuing or if I should scrap the song and go back to my old presets.

Shark Bite by SWEETISH

If you wanna clean it up a bit, try some multiband compression, and boost the highs a fuck load to get it to bite through the mix a bit inniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

In all honesty your not gonna stand out from the pack if you're just tryin to copying the big names, you'll just end up another one of the average producers out there.

Spend less time copying, and more time creating.

Just my humble opinion though.

haha thanks, and I agree Jonny. Ive been trying to clean it up but its got a super staticy high end so i filtered that but it makes the whole thing get that mid boosted muffle.

I made it with Toxic Biohazard and its just a sine, saw and a custom noise waveform in subtractive synthesis. Eight voices, lots of unison panning and a little unison detune. Then thats chained through an eq, chorus, automated bandpass for the wobbles, reverb, little bit of a low pass and a maximizer.

Maybe I made a beginners mistake somewhere in there but I think next Im gonna try and split the frequency spectrum in two or three parts and process them individually.

One thing that might work is running a parallel instance of biohazard just for the high end. try some different waveforms, maybe use less voices or less unison detune to give a cleaner sound, then run it through the same processing (except for the EQ obviously) so the 2 synths work as one.

I was actually reading an interview with Excision where he said he often uses up to 3 or 4 layers of Massive, Albino and Z3ta+ to create some of his sounds.