Thoughts on...

Gelo

depends what your end goal is, do you just want to bedroom bang and do mobile gigs or want to step up into the clubbing/venue/festival environment?

controllers are great for bedroom banging/recording and mobile because they are often packed with great features, ease of transportation, all in one with efx, mixer, decks, etc etc.

if you want to go club/venue/festival you really need to get yourself some cdjs. Pioneer are the industry standard when it comes to gear, which means 9 tiems out of 10 when you step into a club they will have all pio gear, so gettign your own pio gear will make the transition to club level no sweat, not to mention, they are industry standard for a reason, all there gear is fookin mint ive had my 350s for nearly 9 months now and im selling them without losing too much money, because they act/feel the same as the first day i bought them

ye i see where ur comming from

and ye i do want to become a venue dj

so i guess Pio is the way to go?

what about TT's? like Stanton ST 150's?

CDJ is still recommended ?

and would the CDJ 350 would be good enuf?

and. haha sorry for the millions of questions

how much u selling ur gear?

The tt vs cd question is just a perso one mate.

Nearly all clubs ive been have both

Each have similarities and diffs.

Tt's are usually more expensive but heaps of second handers.

Vinyl is also more expensive.

Then you can consider a dvs so you can use your existing music collection. But it costs more money. You can also use a dvs in relative mode and it turns your decks into bigg ass cdjs.

I chose tt because i wanted to do what people i grew up following use. And most places i hit the djs still use tt's. And the holmies have decks so its nice to be able to hop on.

And i dont regret it.

IMO def dont do it because of the elitist arguement. Thats just BS

ye i see where ur comming from

and ye i do want to become a venue dj

so i guess Pio is the way to go?

what about TT's? like Stanton ST 150's?

CDJ is still recommended ?

and would the CDJ 350 would be good enuf?

and. haha sorry for the millions of questions

how much u selling ur gear?

if venue is your goal, i reccomend pio gear. Speaking from venue/club experience, the industry standard now are cdjs, and the industry standard brand is pioneer, its industry standard for a reason. Yes your niche clubs will have other setups avaiable, but EVERY club will have cdjs and they will be pioneer.

most will be rockin 2000s or 900s. 350s/400s are considered your entry level setup (for us at home who cant afford the 2000s). The transition from 350/400s is very easy/smooth, so your best bet, if venue/club is your goal, is hands down pioneer gear.

if you have any doubts, ask or email your major capital city clubs about their gear, all there main stage gear will be cdjs, and will all be pioneer this i guarantee

gelo im selling my cdj350s/djm350 if you want to get cdjs. PM me if u need more info.

they are great units to learn on like Gandy said, same set up as the 2000s just like in the clubs only more basic. I have only been spinning about a year, these things taught me a lot. Also, like gandy said, it depends on what you are planning on doing. for me I want to eventually play in clubs so the cdj's were the right option.

the mixdeck tries too hard to do too many things and is made like a house of cards. It won't stand up to regular transport to and from parties.

There are controllers out there that can do the job if you want to stay lightweight and simple to set up but the mixdeck is not one of them. (see denon mc6000, numark NS6, Pioneer DDJS-1 or ddjt-1, vestax vci 300 or Traktor S4) everyone has their personal fav and all can be introduced to a club set up pretty easily if the venue owner allows it.

CDJs are as everyone above says.

Cdj 800's :)

closest similarity to 850's +

sol i know you like to troll but keep that to off topic, this is a new user looking for honest advice, you're 16, you have never even been into a venue or club, please just stay out of this one

Hey, sorry gandy, I ment to recommend them because of the similar layout and platter size to 850's +, while still being half affordable