mac - serato itch

hoddi

Ok so at the end of this year im getting a new laptop since im moving schools and my current school gives you laptops and the new one doesnt. Planning on getting a mac, but dont know which one yet.

Main problem is that it will be for work ... do you think i can also use it for music?

My other option is to continue using a compaq presario V2000 haha i know its old but its sturdy and has been good so far.

If i have any suspicions about what a site is, I always check it on my phone first (especially because my current computer is from school and they can monitor it) so im used to it now.

So pretty much the only things it would be used for are - school (documents and research), adjf, facebook, soundcloud, youtube and serato itch?? (ie, all other things would be looked at on my phone).

What do you guys think?

1) im compleatly retarded?

or

2) yes i should get a mac :)

and if so, which one??

thanks for the help guys, your all amazing

I'd say get a mac.

more stable than windows, less prone to virus/malware, and imo they last longer - my macbook pro is a 2007 model, im using it to do year 12 (do word+excel processing, web coding, photo/video edits etc.), dj with it using traktor + abit of other music stuff, and use it to run my small IT business along with my iPhone. Never let me down the whole time ive had it. Very capable to do all of this, so im sure it will be fine for you too.

If that helps you. Some people prefer Windows, and that will never change.

Only thing to consider is to make sure all the software you use has a mac version or a mac equivalent - or you may need boot camp/virtual machine.

Just go with a mac hoddi. I use my mac for everything, Traktor, ADJF, Facebook, Soundcloud, General web browsing and also when I play gigs. Has about 4000 songs, about 100 movies and also I have a few games and applications on it.

Whilst its probably not ideal to have this crap on my mac when I rely on it for gigging, there is nothing I can do about it as it is my only laptop. Even with all that shit the mac still runs flawless and I really cant fault it. Down the track I will buy another one purely for DJ'ing and retire my current one for home/everyday use, but until then its fine.

Any of the following would suit you I would imagine, depending on your budget of course.

13''

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC374 ... TgwOTc3Mjg

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC375 ... TgwOTc3MzM

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC700 ... jIwMTAxNTY

15''

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC118 ... TA4MzI1OTk

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC371 ... TgwOTc2ODA

i'd recommend mac, you can get msoffice for mac now so that covers you for school, and then have a carefree life with music not having to worry about driver issues, compatablity issues, 10 million other issues you get with the freedom of windows etc etc.

they beauty about windows is that it accomodates for us tech heads, and you can build one from scratch. This however means that there will be multiple motherboards a computer can use to be made, multiple sound cards, multiple video cards, etc etc, the more choice you have, the more you have to worry about your particualr make and model of your particaluar hardware being compatable with your controller/software

mac on the other hand are built from the same parts/models/drivers that all come from the same place/model/brand for each unit. That means, the controller/dj software/drivers the companies only have to worry about 1 set of configuration compared to the almost limitless windows configs.

so for no fuss no worry simple to use "just works" mac all the way, plus everyone in the industry uses a mac in their setup for that reason. I use a macbook pro for all my music/creative/production work and my desktop is windows

I prefer the 15" pro myself, as you get a bigger screen, while still been fairly portable (compared to 17").

However 13" are lighter and more portable again, and still powerful enough to do what you would need.

Personal preference really. Go to a shop, try both out, compare prices and see what suits you best. I'd definately go a pro model though.

parents r planning on paying for most and i will pay the balance :) and so pretty much wat ur saying is use windows thru a mac??

no no, just buy a mac and use it as a mac

i was just explaining why mac is more suited for djing/music/prodtucion etc becasue its easy and no fuss

just to reiterate, buy a mac and use it normallyl ike a mac

oh shit hoddi, you must think i rude. I swear i posted an answer, must not have pressed right button on new forum.

soz mate.

what i was saying on chat last night was i'll tell you what i know but there are much better mac heads on here than me.

anyway the only thought i have is: if you use mac for school work you may have to pay for microsoft office (there is a mac version). Can anyone else verify how good compatibility is?

but if you can keep the old compaq too i woud do work on that and use mac for music.

oh shit hoddi, you must think i rude. I swear i posted an answer, must not have pressed right button on new forum.

soz mate.

what i was saying on chat last night was i'll tell you what i know but there are much better mac heads on here than me.

anyway the only thought i have is: if you use mac for school work you may have to pay for microsoft office (there is a mac version). Can anyone else verify how good compatibility is?

but if you can keep the old compaq too i woud do work on that and use mac for music.

i can confirm 100% the mac ms office suite is legit, we sell it for 15 bucks at work to employees for both windwos and mac