Controller without the laptop - Stanton SCS4

SolDios

Stanton have just announced there SCS.4 which pretty much offers you everything a controller has without the laptop

To me personalty, it looks like a great device for someone who is always on the move, and for only $500 it has alot to offer.

Overview

Demo

Whats you opinion, would you use it?

Just a tip sol as I have been down these paths, as you progress in djing, your reaction time will too, you will be pressing buttons quick and want less movement from your buttons (movement meaning how quick the button reacts to your press) this is why alot of di's go back to cdj's this machine is good for twisting knobs and moving faders but it just won't cut it with high speed precise cueing or loop chopping mid set, in my eyes I see it as a fancy jukebox and for.more.money you can get some real kit, so be careful when you look to buy :)

cons:

screen too small

unit too small/buttons too close together

does not sync with itunes playlists so I would end up having to update usb sticks for any new songs

no demos showing how good scratching actually is

pros:

is small

is cheap

is all in one

If I wanted a unit to use professionally I would not choose this.

As a backup for mobile djing it may be a reasonable idea.

Wait a while and see if any non-endorsed djs post youtube demos of what it can actually do?

Def try b4 you buy.

hey cap'n i dont think sol was talking about owning a laptop per se, more about having to lug the laptop.

cuz yeah if you could have something portable to chuck around and have a smash on in airport transits; or out the back of your car at impromptu boot parties (not all of us would setup the gear in full ;) ); at the park on the bigg ass bbq's and so on.