My big 3 controllers - Pioneer - Allen & Heath - Denon

CapFive

ok guys time for me to write up everything i have been learning about these 3 little guys, i have tried and tested all of them except for the denon but i have yet to see a bad review about it...

keep in mind i will be making references to other controllers and i will try to link where possible...

to start off

pioneer-ddj-s1%20laptop.jpg?ts=1297139085

the Pioneer DDJ-S1 (serato controller)

Price: $1,349.00

this controller to me sits on the fence of being a pro and bedroom DJ controller, its a solid unit, but it lacks alot of features that i am looking for, a big one for me was 4 deck controll, it is very tempting though because it is so close to CDJ's and i felt right at home when playing on it and at one point stopped even looking at the interface and was just mixing like i was on my old CDJ's, everything felt really solid and all in place, but one thing got to me which im sure has turned away ALOT of other people, the price doesnt make sense because it lacks so much compared to other controllers in its proce range... guess it's just the pioneer way, they think that because they rule the cd player market that they can slap a $$$ tag on their FIRST controller and people will buy it... tisk tisk pioneer, its back to the drawing board for you! i think though if this price point ever changes this could be a good competitor for the likes of the traktor S2's and lower end controllers.

XoneDX_AllenHeath%20top.jpg?ts=1300327744

on to the Allen & Heath Xone DX (also serato controller)

Price: $1,279.00

this is probably the best controller (next to the Xone 4dlol) and i seriously considered this one (i actually bought one off ebay but thankfully the guy let me cancel it, but i will explain why later...) because of one thing only, it has 4 faders, 4 eq sets, no swtiches, no fuss, just move the fader that you want, plus this has it ALL, its the complete package... almost... the things i liked were it was a solid unit, the knobs were tight and it did everything i wanted, but i didnt like the size of the jog wheels, its almost like they ran out of room, and i wasnt comfortable with the position of them as this is such a big and heavy unit, also i think the price is just out of my range, as i think this guy isnt the whole package and i think there is something out there that is just as good :)

dn-mc-6000%20TOP.jpg?ts=1294705530

which brings me to the cream of the crop, the best value/features for money the Denon DN-MC6000

Price: $999.00

This machine has the works, it can work as a stand alone mixer, has 4 deck controlls, four line inputs, two phono inputs and two mic inputs, the latter complete with three-band EQ for each and echo/voiceover functions and outputs comprise of booth/send complete with two-band EQ and channel/master assign, 1/4″ TRS and XLR balanced master output plus unbalanced RCAs for master and record 2 words, FUCKING AMAZING, i mean agreed it wont win miss DJ controller's Hottest 2011 :teef: but looks mean nothing in this business, which is why i didnt choose the DDJ-S1, but it has it all, the only thing i can pull away is it uses traktor which i dont mind at all cause im used to traktor :)

SO all in all i went with the denon, because IMO it is the best on the market for the right price :) please feel free to flame me if you think otherwise but i these are my opinions and its the thought process to why i bought what i bought

wow, thats mad... mine cost $1072 in oz dollars. £700 of uk money. Only £40/$60 more than the denon in this country.

All the other units are about the same price, just the NS6 is more pricey down there...

But i hear ya, that denon is a real piece of work. It would have been the one for me if it had better scratching platters too... Metal case, Professional XLR outs and works as a stand alone mixer in case of emergency = essential :)