NI8/internal souncard conflict? Latency issue too.

imadje

I now have a mac and NS6 for mobile gigs and all is well. I still have a dell inspiron running traktor via an NI8 for teaching lessons and backup etc..

I did have the dell running tickety boo following some great tune up advice from wazza: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5026

...unfortunately I find that I need to run the tune up again after each windows update or traktor update or NI8 driver update.

and for a while now everytime I plug in my NI8 it is recognised as new hardware, I have to let windows wizard run each time and yet I still get major dropouts...

Then I discovered (by chance) that once I have let windows hardware wizard run and once the NI8 is recognised... if I then disable and then re-enable the internal soundcard in the device manager - it sorts the latency out... WTF? I still get a latency peak according to the dsp latency checker of about 5613nanoseconds at a frequency of about one per hour.... so it's not perfect anwyay... but I feel there is something wrong ey?

Why would it need to recognise the NI8 everytime? why would I need to mess with the internal soundcard in the device manager each time? I would understand if i had to disable the internal soundcard but this doesnt help. The only thing that gets it to work is to switch the internal soundcard on and off again once everything else is up and running.... Must be some conflict there surely?

Anyone know of anything else I can do or do i have to go through all these steps just to boot up from now on?

Hmmm i have auto windows update and the audio 8, never had that issue.

Only time it recognises as new hardware is if i change the usb port i am using.

I never do auto updates from NI. Their updates suck balls. And only every second one is functional. Always read the NI forum before comitting to an update of the audio 8 or traktor

interesting...

It did all used to work nice and yes I am always plugging NI8 usb into sameport.

but I have trusted updates without checking forums... I never had any issues with traktro scratch Pro in 5 years so was trusting them...

can you let me know which driver version you have for your NI8 and what version traktor you use please eggs?

I may try a rollback.

Updates can suck, especially driver ones.

I avoid driver updates where possible, unless i suss it all out and make sure its sorting out bugs, not making new ones.

What i would try:

-download revo uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/download ... taller.zip)

-open it and use to uninstall the NI8 drivers + traktor.

-go to control panel-device manager to uninstall the internal sound card

-reboot. run ccleaner (http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER). run the cleaner, registry, and go tools-startup. if there is anything you can definately remove from auto startup, get rid of it.

so now the computer should hopefully be running nice and smooth

-go to relevant manufacturer websites to download drivers for the NI8, internal sound card, and traktor. Might pay to have a quick look to make sure the versions you get are bug free. If you remember what versions you were running before you had issues, i'd go with them.

-install internal soundcard, traktor and the NI8

-set your latencies and settings back up

-do wazzas optimisation stuff.

That should sort it (if it makes sense), and clean your laptop up a bit on the way, so it will run a bit faster :)

sorry foolish didnt get to my lappy last night. ill look it up.

the version of tsp i am on is the one i like.

but the version of drivers im on are not the optimal, the one just before that were the best. but at the time i couldn't find them!!

but yeah turn off auto update on NI stuff for sure.

anyways will check tonight.