need some mobile dj help

Mrbreeny

Okay so me and a work mate have started a mobile dj buisness, we do things like weddings, corporate events and partys.

So im just starting to get some gear and he has all his. He uses a denon DN-MC6000 to mix on but i was leaning towards cdj's with a djm or something.

So for a mobile dj who will be running cd's aswell as a laptop, is it worth just sticking with a good software controller or doesnt it really matter?

There has been a few threads lately on this.

If your only going to be doing mobile work, software controllers can be alot better for mobile functions due to:

-Less gear to cart around

-less to set up

-lighter to carry

-you have easy access to a large collection of music directly on the laptop, making it easy to search for requests and the like

However if you want to play clubs you need to learn your way around some cdjs. (Unless they allow you to take your controller in there of course).

Your choice of gear also depends on your mixing preference / style, and what you are used to. What equipment do you have experience on at the moment?

Don't be afraid to go to a dj shop and have a demo of a range of equipment before buying anything.

i disagree, CDJ's are much easier, get some 400's in a roadcase and all you have to do is plug into power and your ready to go...connect the laptop as well if you want it...in my personal experience CDJ's are much much more reliable then controllers and computers, in saying that i have a PC not a mac, i have heard mac's are very reliable hence why most DJ's use them