Wez G - wannabee Aussie DJ

wezg

I'm in South Wales but have a lot of family in Australia in Melbourne and on the Gold COast. I learnt to DJ in Oz in 1990 at the age of twelve so have kept in touch with what's happening in the scene downunder. I DJed with Anthony Pappa in the UK and I love some of the stuff coming out of Oz at the mo, particularly Luke Chable and his Lostep... I've never DJed in Oz but plan on living and working there one day... I hope to build an audience for my podcasts here... Who knows? Maybe a nice promoter will take a fancy and decide to fly me out!!! Could do with getting away from the rain and wind in Wales. http://djwezg.com is my website. I'll post my mies on these boards every month so stay tuned... :P

I play house music, across the board tho' will throw in chillout and drum n bass, whatever... If I had to pigeonhole my style I would say it is light progressive... Sasha converted me to house music back in 1992 and he is a big influence but I try to keep most of the podcasts I do quite accessible... so play a lot more mainstream though my club set can vary depending on situation... I do prefer to bang it up proggy style tho'

I play house music, across the board tho' will throw in chillout and drum n bass, whatever... If I had to pigeonhole my style I would say it is light progressive... Sasha converted me to house music back in 1992 and he is a big influence but I try to keep most of the podcasts I do quite accessible... so play a lot more mainstream though my club set can vary depending on situation... I do prefer to bang it up proggy style tho'

prog sets are more enjoyable i find. you can really tell listeners a story.

Instead of a head fuck style set that leaves you gasping for breath lol.

I enjoy the groove you can build into a progressive set... I know that breaks are pretty big in Australia and am unsure how my sound will go down there... I used to be a big fan of a DJ from Brisbane called Angus - He used to do some great sets... I think my cousin said he was dead now... A great Aussie DJ. I never saw him play in this part of the world... Any of you guys heard of him?