Stanton M.212 mixers & Traktor issue

RichoKidd

Hey guys. Its been a while i know, but I gotta be straight to the point.

I have a party im DJing on Saturday & all of a sudden my mixer is being a slut.

Everythings connected correctly with Traktor.

When I try and play a track on deck a with the fader facing a it plays fine when i try deck b it won't play with the fader facing it. instead it plays both a & b with the fader facing a.

any ideas? I need to fix this by tomorrow.

I should mention i had previously had an issue where Traktor was playing on Phone not line. anything to do w this?

Sorry so short & set on my phone

RK

Hey Richo, this may not help as I was using a dif mixer, a PC and an external NI8 but in case it's of any use:

I had this happen to me for a while too a bit ago. Each time I checked and double checked everything was wired up correctly (which you should do anyway) I also checked cross fader assigns on the mixer and in the software, channel routings for my NI8 etc etc...

I never did find out what was causing it but after a while it just went away, I figured one update or another got rid of the issue.

In the meantime all I could ever do to get it working correctly was turn it all off and on again and re boot in the correct order. The correct order for me was: Attach decks to NI8 to mixer etc but do not turn on. Boot computer, attach NI8 to computer, boot software, turn dex and mixer on. Test.

It nearly always worked on a second reboot, but I never missed a gig coz of it. Just had to allow for time to reboot.

Pain in the arse bro.

hey richo long time no hear mate. hope you still repping the elements hard son!!

anyways, okay if im not mistaken you using time code via external mixer (i.e. mixer is not midi controlling).

as you say all wired up correctly, so here are a few things you can try:

may be a software assignment. check in your preferences that the A & B decks are assigned to the correct channels the particular decks are plugged into.

also ensure none of the swap deck settings are selected. i think its in the same screen as deck assignment.

also detach, clean and reattach your cartridge. i know this may sound wierd, but time code relies on the info that is being sent thru the cartridges, and i remember a while back my time code lines were just showing flat. i did this and it was all good.

now this may not help, but you should do this anyway. change your soundcard settings (not sure if you had audio 4 or audio 8 but whichever one) to phono. i saw this suggestion on the NI forums saying that timecode actually reads better in phono than the timecode setting. and sure enough it did.

and final thing, did you upgrade to the latest software version (and firmware if there was one). if the answer is yes then roll back. apparently it was a shocker. as per another thread, NI is as bad as apple are on iphone software. only every other one is worth going to. so you best watch the forums before upgrading. im still 2 or 3 behind.

anyways good luck with it.

• 1 month later...

Any chance that it could be a blown input?

Is there anyway to fix it?

I mean I managed to get it working for that gig once I disconnected it and re-connected it. But I set it up for the first time since moving back home and theres no sound, no lights coming on the mixer face, only when I first turn it on. Its calibrated fine. Any other suggestions?

I'll try all that other ish 'shell said.

Cheers for the advice