FL Studio - No Sound

Gandy

Sometimes when you open FL Studio, you may not be getting any sound and not know why.

If any of the inputs/outputs of the devices in the 'WDM Device List' have a RED X through them, it means they are probably being used by another audio application. For example, programs such as 'MSN Messenger', 'Skype', media players etc. can tie up inputs/outputs so, close FL Studio, close any program that may use your soundcard and re-open FL Studio and the ASIO4ALL options. (http://flstudio.image-line.com/help/htm ... io4all.htm).

I am going to make a list and add to it over time with my personal experiences on applications i have had to close, if you have any you know of please let me know and ill add it in

The List:

Steam Client

VLC Player

Windows Media Player

close everything you can with FL, it dosent have the srongest CPU useage of the DAW's

when i was using it (this is partly due to a shitty PC i was using) i couldnt have more then 4 version's of massive open or it would start glitching up.

in logic and on my mac i can have 20+ with out it tripping.

but yeah get in the habit of closing everything, cept maybe a internet browser for youtube vids, everything else will just be distraction :)

ive never had this problem before??...

are u sure u guys are selecting the correct sound driver?

yep, im guessing you use an external soundcard?? or you open FL studio first and only use that laptop for that??

just can ahppen if you have been playing games/watching movies/listening to tunes before getting into FL studio and forget to exit out of them, i have a very high specced laptop that can handle anything i throw at it so i often forget i have things open

ahh i get you.

yeah im using an external interface.

but i also use an external 5.1 sound card and laptop speakers.

but my lappy always reverts back to the right soundcard depending on what speakers are plugged in.

did u fix it yet though?