Deadmau5 - Word problems (Chris Gould Vocal dub rework)

CBG

Hey, the only thing that is the same is the main melody with the flute type sound. I recreated the hats. and made my own bass melody.

I used FL lol. I'm new to it all so yeah...

Ohh and I added my own little melody just after the first breakdown and carried into the end of the 2nd.

Also no vocals.

Sweet, yeah now that i've listened properly to the original i can see that.

FL is pretty good imo. It does a lot more than most people give it credit for. Thats what i use atm, I've got reason 4 and ableton 8 but i like FL a tad better. It really doesn't do that much less than ableton if you know how to use everything. I don't like reason that much though, it's synth's are very good and they make some really nice sounds but i don't use the program for much else, it's just so useless compared with ableton and FL studio.

The best way i've found to get into producing is remxing a song from one genre to another (like old 80's music to new house or something along those lines). It still takes a bit of work but it's also a lot easier than making songs from scratch.

Drew.

Yeah I have got Ableton studio 8, but just cant get my head around it atm. I have a thread in beginners if you'd like me to any tutorials you know of.

I also have reason and it just seems really reliant on a MIDI controller like a keyboard. Which i dont have.

I am about to check out Cubase SE. I saw pics of it and it looks like what i want.

FL was just a bit annoying for me. I like the Adobe Premier type set up with the wavelengths that FL doesnt have.

Thanks for your input mate.

Np,

by wavelengths do you mean like the view of the wave form being played like in your first post of this thread??

If thats what you mean then FL does do that. Theres a seperate section above the pattern section that you put automation and wave forms (you slice and stretch wave froms to your tempo, make loops and make cool stutter effects). I use it more than the patterns section, I only really use the patterns for drums.

As for ableton, i only really used the manual thats in it, though i'm still in the process of learing it properly.

Drew.

ohok. Yeah well I think a lot of people are cursed with the 'I have to use what the pros use' curse.

FL, only took me 10mins to learn and it only took me one day to make that song. Which some would agree is an OK song.

I hope to learn FL some more, realise it's full potential. I'm learning Reason 4 atm though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...