How does one make a song?

Narukami

herro there everyone, I'm very interested. How does one make electronic music? How do great electronic artists get their inspiration? How do they make songs and such. I tried looking for videos or articles with my favourite artists but they don't give me enough info. I'm not trying to copy the copyright I'm just really interested how they make songs.

Any producers out there who can give tips for a beginner? and where does one get their inspiration? Tutorials, tips, trickswould be helpful

EDM producers use a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) to assemble their music. Examples of software used by professional producers include (but not limited to):

Logic

Ableton

FL Studio

Cubass

Pro Tools

Most forum members on here are using Logic, Ableton or FL Studio.

tips for a beginner?

-Develop a good understanding of musical structures and theory

-Look at tutorial's on youtube in areas you are wishing to learn. Tutorials that show you the basics of your program of choice is probably a good start.

-If you have a question that you have looked on the internet and can't find the answer to after searching in google, youtube etc., ask someone more experienced than you, whether that be a friend you know or the community on here, i'm sure someone will be able to help.

where does one get their inspiration

Could be from anywhere, music is inspired from many different things, including music from other artists

For more technical stuff i'll leave it for the producers on here to answer, thats just a basic outline :)

EDM producers use a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) to assemble their music. Examples of software used by professional producers include (but not limited to):

Logic

Ableton

FL Studio

Cubass

Pro Tools

Most forum members on here are using Logic, Ableton or FL Studio.

tips for a beginner?

-Develop a good understanding of musical structures and theory

-Look at tutorial's on youtube in areas you are wishing to learn. Tutorials that show you the basics of your program of choice is probably a good start.

-If you have a question that you have looked on the internet and can't find the answer to after searching in google, youtube etc., ask someone more experienced than you, whether that be a friend you know or the community on here, i'm sure someone will be able to help.

where does one get their inspiration

Could be from anywhere, music is inspired from many different things, including music from other artists

For more technical stuff i'll leave it for the producers on here to answer, thats just a basic outline :)

cant beat this answer

and where does one get their inspiration?

The thing with inspiration is you can't tell someone where to get it. What might be inspiring to me might be rubbish to you or vice versa.

i don't realy know what inspires me... I've just got a deep love for electronic music and find producing to be more rewarding than DJ'n. there's nothing better than dropping one of your own tunes and it going down well.

Like mitch said the best place to start is to decide what production software you want to learn. Browse youtube and see what one looks like suit your creativity.

Personnally I use ableton along with a few bits of hardware. Love the simplicity for editing in abelton but I can't just stare at a screen all the time. I need buttons and knobs to fiddle with.

Any producers out there who can give tips for a beginner? and where does one get their inspiration? Tutorials, tips, trickswould be helpful

it just comes to me, sometimes ill wake up at 2am out of dream of making banging beats and roll with it

othertimes ill be at work under the pump got a million things going on high pressure situation and out of no where ill get a fucking dope idea and write it down.

it happens more often when im challenging myself learning new shit (whether its new shit at work, new game im really into, new people ive met) its like flicking a switch when im on, im on

as dumb as this sounds the less you try to find inspiration the easier it becomes, just let it flow the more you worry and think about it, the less often it will happen

these are all great tips, but my main problem is, i have inspiration (usually in the shower :) ), the software but i don't know how to make it sound.... good. i know what instruments match what instruments but sometimes my songs feel empty.i don't know how to explain uhm, check this link and you'll probably understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZ-9b ... OJC8G1quWg

fl studio and garageband whenever i borrow my friend's mac. actually, i make the best songs using garageband. people say it's an ameture program but I like it. very simple and gets the job done for me. i'll probably upload some examples off my garageband skills soon