Ableton Controller

legunner

I use the launchpad. Pretty useful as it can function as a step sequencer too as well as allowing you to midi map any control to one button or a range of buttons (handy for filters etc)

Main advantage for me is it's small and light enough to travel with.

launchpad-movie-start_screen.png

You could go for the Akai APC20 or APC40.

check the controllers list here...

http://www.ableton.com/products

mostly i need it for effects and a little bit of clip launching, because most of my sets are 75% pre-determined so i'll be filtering, EQ'ing a little and shit like that so it doesn't neeed to have everything on it.

ah right, you need a controller for DJ'ing purposes... I'd go for a Korg Zero 8 or a Vestax VCM-600.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: got the apc40 off my uncle to try if i like it i can keep it although i'mnot a huge fan of it

Reasons:

Who would seriously use an 8x5 launching pad section i use 4-5 different tracks usually and even that is difficult to keep up with.

The knobs don't have a definite start or end which sounds good but it really annoying.

It's huge for something without an audio interface.

Back to square one :(

cry wolf, plenty of people need 8x5 launch pad section + more, heaps of people buy an apc40 and then an apc20 just for extra clip launchers, all just depends how complex you set it up, personally i dont need that many yet :P

and with the knobs, look at that as a good thing, imagine if they could only turn 45 degrees left and right, it wouldnt give you very precise adjustment possibility's on certain effects/parameters :)

if you want i can trade you novation launchpad :D

• 2 weeks later...