monitors

mo-c

im looking at upgrading my speaker setup asap, and will be using them for both djing and production.

Ive been looking at the KRK in both 6 and 8s, have heard the 8s are bit bass heavy, havnt yet really tried them out myself. anyone with any experience yet?

and also, in terms of djing, how do they handle a higher amplitude?

rule #1 - go and listen and see what you like.

8" monitors might be louder and give better bass, but also might not sound as good at lower volumes.

also keep in mind monitors are normally positioned only 1-2 metres away from you so most will be plenty loud for practicing, and they're not meant to be used for parties.

personally i'd go the yamaha HS80m then the M Audio x8 and then the krks

i really didn't find them that special

the yamahas on the other hand you can hear every bristle in a drummers hi hat brush :o

and they are about the same price as the krks

i found the krks a little muddier around the top and bit bass heavy

saying all that i'm more of a soulful/ old school house head and am not all about the "banging" tunes :P

• 4 weeks later...

i went to dj warehouse and had a listen to the 8 inch krks...then had a listen to JBL LSR2325P (which i hadnt even looked at) and then the truths..........the truths hurt my ears lol dont htink ill buy investing in those!

the JBLs sounded the best by far and also the most expensive......kinda wondering now if it was worth listening :P