Amp to suit recently bought speakers

odysseyhouse

Hey guys

I just recently bought a set of Dayton speakers. got them really cheap so thought i would try them

now i need an amp.

Not the best when it comes to choosing amps and want something that will suit out door parties while I DJ.

basically they are:

Dayton Pro Power Series

Model no. DY12A

peak Power: 800 watts max

Impedance: 8 ohms

any help in what kind of amp I need or if i need any other speakers while im there would be great

What ohmage are your speakers?
Impedance: 8 ohms

with the watts man, the max doesnt really help us, if you can give us the watts RMS that will help, with an 800 max watts im guessing it will be around 150-200 RMS

with the watts man, the max doesnt really help us, if you can give us the watts RMS that will help, with an 800 max watts im guessing it will be around 150-200 RMS

thats all i got mate. cant find any specs on these anywhere and thats all the info on the actual boxes too

Hmm well the Max Watts is basically the amount the speaker can take before it explodes in on itself

I'm on my phone right now so I can't link anything but go to storedj.com.au and a basic behringer amp putting out around 250 Watts each channel will be more then enough for you

even that amp would be over kill but its good to have alot more power in your amp then your speakers need, an amp easily pushing out 250 watts is better then a smaller amp peaking at 250 watts and running harder

thats a good buy then ^

nah, ignore the 2ohms, and 4 ohms stats, although it doesnt say it there the amp has 350 watts at 8ohms, and your speakers are 8ohms so thats what you need to be looking at

and yeh that meens at max volume the amp will be putting out 350watts each channel, which is more then enough for your speakers, so you will only have to put the amps volume on half for your speakers to pump...less stress on your amp and it will outlast your speakers i bet