Anyone here any good @ javascript?

Mitch

Doing javascript at uni atm. simply put, I'm raging over it, has the shittest syntax. Not picking it up like i do with other languages. Anyone here know it, as I keep coming across things they haven't taught properly and need another point of contact from the lecturer as he only works two days a week and can't afford to wait that long for him to reply sometimes.

Help would be much appreciated.

haha yer my uni is pretty shit.

This semester so far i've learnt:

visual basic

unix commandline (basic shit i already knew)

java

html

css

javascript

what languages do you know? I'm fine with all of them so far except javascript, raging over how shit it is but I have to do it

C would be more useful, but the uni is slack and wants to keep teaching old shit that will be extinct by the time i graduate.

html will have moved to html5,

javascript will be extinct

java is shit.

the only ones that will still be around are unix, css and vb lol

C would be more useful, but the uni is slack and wants to keep teaching old shit that will be extinct by the time i graduate.

html will have moved to html5,

javascript will be extinct

java is shit.

the only ones that will still be around are unix, css and vb lol

javascript won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

At Uni you're learning how to learn. Picking up new languages will hopefully become easy by the time you graduate.

• 1 month later...

here if your learning

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

JavaScript is THE scripting language of the Web.

JavaScript is used in billions of Web pages to add functionality, validate forms, communicate with the server, and much more.

JavaScript is easy to learn. You will enjoy it.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/learn/javascript

JavaScript (JS for short) is the programming language that enables web pages to respond to user interaction beyond the basic level provided by HTML links and forms.

The links on this page lead to a variety of JavaScript tutorials and JavaScript training materials. Whether you are just starting out, wanting to learn JS basics, or are an old hand, wanting to sharpen your skills, you can find helpful resources here for JS best practices.

last but for now not forgotten

http://www.trainingtools.com/online/jav ... /index.htm

Course: Learning JavaScript

I already referenced the mozilla developer website and know how to code javascript, i just had a few q's relating to my code coz something was fucking up but i figured it out eventually anyway and all works fine now.

Thanks anyway.