New lighting stand concept

SolDios

Hey guys, after finding it out it takes an average of an hour and a half to setup my lighting truss by myself, I have decided I need to find a better option.

2dtubus.jpg

One of them is this, the big light is only on an angle because It was just a quick setup.

But what do you think of this option? it goes up amazingly fast, and the legs of the tripod are so wide I have no fear of it falling over.

IMO, the fastest way or setting up a lighting rig is to reduce the about of lights effectively. With that stand there, you'd want to distribute the weight evenly or spread the legs out wide because a little knock will send that ass up

Get some mains power timers (the ones that turn the stereo on when your on holidays). Set each device to come on and off every 15 minutes (15 minutes is usually the smallest increments on a timer). Stagger the times so at least one light is on at any given time. Better still get a mains power remote and turn them on and off at will.