Beginner headphones

bend

hmm this is always a hard topic mate, headphones are very important, a shit pair can even hinder your mixing, but in saying that as a beginner with im guessing beginner gear you dont want to be forking out $300 on headphones

hd25's can be bought pretty cheap and are a great starting point and you wont really need to upgrade, most of us on hear love the xd53's and im pretty sure 8/10 regular members on here use them

i started with cheap Sony mdr700's i think they were called, they were decent for cheap phones, i think i payed $60 for them...much better then say "Skull Candy's" which would cost you more (i dont recommend that brand)

you really cant cheap our on headphones imo

i use the Xone XD53's, love them, most amazing headphones ive ever used for djing

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/ALE-XD53

the HD-25s are also very popular and basically club standard, due to every part being replaceable, also amazing headphones

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/SEN-HD25

i prefer the XD's because of comfort, best thing to do is try both pairs on and decide whats best for you comfort and isolation wise

Would say more of the forum uses 25s?

Having owed a pair of both xds, 25s plus the ath pro 800 audio technicas, you really cant beat the 25 especially if you plan on clubs later on.

As you can pick them up quite cheap 150 - 200 because they are phasing them out for the new models.

I will admit the 53s and audio technica have a bit better sound quality, but the punchiness, volume and isolation were far better on the 25s, which is key for clubs. They were also heaps lighter and sit on your head nice and firmly ie they arent loose like the others.

End of the day headphones are key man, far better off getting quality if you want to try and take it as far as you can