Buying vinyl overseas

OxyKon

So ive always known that it takes time to get vinyl into Australia, specially when its coming from the UK, ive always bought my wax from a local store in perth, basically the guy who runs it sends out emails with the genres of your choosing, and he links you to samples of each track, you then put down the cat # artists n track down in a reply email to him

I've always known him to be reliable with getting tunes in but lately its been getting longer and longer to wait, and i know i still got at least 2 pages on backorder, my latest shipment which i thought was from maybe a month back was actually released in November of last year, thats over 7 months ive had to wait

Was wondering how many of you order vinyl in over the net and how long it takes for it to get to you, and if you know any reliable sites

Most of the stuff I buy is mainly vinyl only releases/classics, so I mainly buy through discogs. Haven't really had any issues with shipping other than it taking a while sometimes, still beats waiting til it shows up in shops here though. I don't know too many online sites that sell vinyl new other than boomkat, but I can imagine they wouldn't be too hard to find.

defkon, your man prob also sources from overseas rather than holding stock, at least for the most part. which may cause the delay.

yeah most of my vinyl purchases are in person, only one was chev's (cairo) release i ordered from overseas. that one did take a while, can't remember how long but it was five days longer than their estimated (im sure i had a little whinge about it). for the life of me i cant remember if i bought from juno or a distributor.. but pretty sure it was UK based

Who's the guy in Perth you buy records from DefKon?

I'm yet to purchase any records from overseas but i will be once i have a house. Most likely from Germany. i wouldn't expect them to arrive in a hurry anyway.

And I will be ordering from Discogs too so most likely other European countries.

Probably the biggest thing I'll miss about living in the UK. Records are easy to get.

oh i just found my whinge fred it was from juno.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5898&hilit=ohwl

and yeah it said 10 days but dont worry till more than 28 days. i think it ended up taking about 20

it was this limited wax :thumright:

oh speaking of rarities. i have this one which is hand written numbered on the label. so im assuming i have number 47 of 300. unless it was a marketing ploy :?

it was the Other Heights #2 release.

szare on one side. and then on the other is this other dude you may have heard of, cairo i think :teef:

1024.jpg?md=1317882847000

1024.jpg?md=1317882548000

Yeah it's gotten to that point where I'm strongly thinking of ordering from record labels n shit

Russel: I go through mills records in fremantle, the guy usually gets done good stuff but lately it has been goin down hill, I mean I saw cypress hill black Sunday LP for $48 I said to the kid that was working there at the time that that price is pathetic

• 2 months later...