Newbie 1/2 hour Progressive mix

Kodiak

Hi all..... I am very new to all this having only started playing around with my gear in about March this year, with no experience prior to this (besides listening to a lot of tunes/mixes). Done a few mixes which have been a bit hit n miss. This is one I did up a couple weeks ago to fill in my Friday afternoon. Would normally do a longer mix but time was an issue.... Anyway. i am pretty proud of it for a newb. Please comment. I need the help to improve. Let me know the good and the bad.... The only way I can improve.

Cheers.

http://soundcloud.com/darryl-currey/friday-night-progressive

This is a dope mix

I think I'm starting to get more into the progressive and even goa and psytrance shit lately

enjoyed this *tunez* pretty clean mix

followed you on soundcloud too :thumleft:

Cheers. I see that.

I am only getting back into the dance music again after quite a while since my clubbing days. Back then it was all hardstyle and trance. I see progressive as where trance has transformed into. Kind of a blend of electro house and trance. Which is really what I like. I remember those "hands in the air, point to the laser moments," that made EDM euphoric.

Cheers. It's very nice getting some positive feedback from some experienced hands. I am still so super new to this. But I think I am learning pretty quickly. I was told by a Brisbane DJ that I met that anyone can learn to beatmatch, but song selection and phrasing is skill you just have and not everyone can learn this.

I've still lot's of practise to do to be able to mix like this in a live environment though.