Has anyone bought any of the ebay lighting trusses?

AlexJ

i think the subject says it all.

if you have, can you please list company and/or link to ebay page if possible

was the product any good?

has anyone had any experience with ebay purchased lighting trusses

am definitely looking at one that is steel rather than aluminium as i think aluminium ones would be to prone to breaking.

Thoughts?

Are you looking for tri-truss or Ibeam? What/how many lights are you thinking of hanging on it?

I bought something similar to this off a dude on the forum.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stage-Light- ... 694wt_1139

I don't think it will break, but it does have some slight dents from where I clamped the lights on.

From my experience, make sure your truss can be assembled without tools, mine needs an Allan key to tighten the actual truss connectors, its a bit of a pain, but i'm always shitting myself that I'm going to forget it.

I don't use the T part of the stand, but its nice to have in case I want to throw a smaller show that doesn't require the full truss.

I got a hugeass one from OZ Plaza ebay store, cost $120 incuding shipping and it's got a pretty quality build.

Takes a while to setup though.

Il link when I get home from tafe

thats pretty much what i was thinking of going for.

I bought something similar.

They are a pain to setup. I found trying to slide on the truss on your own and getting both sides to stand up without falling over is a nightmare.

I used the truss once. Now I just use the 2 stands and T bars only.

I have the lights permanently attached to the T bars.

Also, I run 4 passive speakers with seperate amps and a DMX desk, so for me the truss was the first thing to go to reduce setup time.

I bought something similar.

They are a pain to setup. I found trying to slide on the truss on your own and getting both sides to stand up without falling over is a nightmare.

I used the truss once. Now I just use the 2 stands and T bars only.

I have the lights permanently attached to the T bars.

Also, I run 4 passive speakers with seperate amps and a DMX desk, so for me the truss was the first thing to go to reduce setup time.

Sorry to go off track, but why not go with 4 active speakers and a laptop with a dmx adaptor?

Off Topic Reply:

I am looking at active speakers now and replacing my laptop. Finding it hard to get a good sounding active speakers.

I currently run 4 EV Eliminators, 2x15 inch and horn boxes and 2 boxes with an 18inch sub in each. Powered by 2 crown amps putting 600w into each box, they sound good.