Equipment And my computer.

Buck_Choi

Hi,

noobie to this Dj stuff, i am about to buy this package please give your feedback if its good or not don't want to make a bad decision and get ripped off!

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/cat/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=7879&product_id=1464133

I wanted to use the SOFTWARE "Traktor pro scratch" with the

2 x Reloop RMP-3 CD Players

I know that it works with that

But im not 100% with this

1 x Reloop RMX40 Mixer

Because i looked at the rear view from the "reloopdj.com"

and it had no midi, usb port. so I'm not quite sure how this works? would it work if i have the RMP3 plugged into computer and them into mixer? and the mixer not being plugged into the computer?

if i record onto the computer would the things i do with the mixer be recorded?

If you don't understand what i mean feel free to point out the part and ill try to clarify myself.

Thank you,

Buck Choi

haha i guess i will be :) haha any way what about my scenario?

2x Cd players connected to computer via usb

Software - traktor pro scratch

Mixer not connected to computer. does that have any effect?? would i still be able to record? and use the mixer with all the nob turning and what not :)

you dont plug your CD players into the PC with traktor mate. It all runs through the mixer.

You use a timecode CD/Vinyl on the CD players/Turntables.

I've dont know much about Re-loops man. But dont blow all your money with DJ warehouse, shop around and see what price you can find.

But it all looks pretty good.

man ive never seen this reloop gear before

And what do you think about the reloops?

I've dont know much about Re-loops man. But dont blow all your money with DJ warehouse, shop around and see what price you can find.

But it all looks pretty good.

Ive looked around. i dont know if its just me but in sydney there arnt many DJ shops. i looked at Dj HQ, Store DJ, but non of them have anything cheap and awesome, i guess i could be a test dummy for the reloops, :)

i think the only distributor of reloops is DJ warehouse

You use a timecode CD/Vinyl on the CD players/Turntables.

Where would i get this time coded CD for the cdplayers?

i did a google search and found "http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html"

when i do go dj warehouse ill ask em a ton of questions. what questions should i ask?

and what earphones should i get?

thanks everyone for your input! :)

when you get traktor, it will come with the time code CDs and time code vinyls.

that cd sends the signals through the mixer, through the traktor box, into the pc and then reversed. therefore you dont need to plug the cd players into the pc.

DVS systems are used because turntables are old technology, however DVS enables the turntables to be synced with the pc, through a simple box and a vinyl.

i can answer more questions if u have any.

awesome.

hmm. but on the back of the RMP 3 it has a MIDI port

and i thought i could plug that into the computer and play songs from computer via that port/usb cable. and i was confused that the mixer didn't have one .

Cd player- http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info.ph ... 0179bed1a1

mixer - http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info.ph ... 0179bed1a1

Just looking at the mixer, it doesnt say that it is MIDI capable. This means you wont be able to plug it into your computer. You can adjust your settings in traktor to have an external mixer, but this renders the mixer completly useless except for the crossfader. That means a lot of clicker on crappy effects and such, which is gay. You should probably just buy the hardware.

depends on whether the cd player works only through time code or via HID. HID means the player acts as a midi controller not an audio device. so you plug the cd deck into the computer. Also means you can run traktor pro, not the more expensive taktor scratch pro, as really you are controlling everything internally in the software.

not sure if the reloop decks do this, the cdj400 can.

but if you want to use external mixer, you still need a mutli-channel sound card, just not necessairly the audio4 or 8

depends on whether the cd player works only through time code or via HID. HID means the player acts as a midi controller not an audio device. so you plug the cd deck into the computer. Also means you can run traktor pro, not the more expensive taktor scratch pro, as really you are controlling everything internally in the software.

not sure if the reloop decks do this, the cdj400 can.

but if you want to use external mixer, you still need a mutli-channel sound card, just not necessairly the audio4 or 8

im pretty sure the Rmp 3 act as midi' controllers but what do you mean by using an external mixer? multi channel sound card? can u give me a link please :) thankyou